I lost my lovely husband of 40 years suddenly and unexpectedly last autumn. He was suffering from pneumonia and had to me taken to a hospital an hour's drive from home because our local hospital - 2 miles away - has no in-patient beds any more. He found his last few days very difficult because he couldn't communicate his needs to the staff, most of whom spoke very poor English. He died alone because nobody communicated with me in his last hours, they just left a message on my answerphone. I will never cease to think of him, to miss him, to talk to him but I am keenly aware of how much our little grand-daughter misses him and he should still be here with us if better care had been taken of him...
Miniatur Wunderland, Hamburg. Guinness World Records
UAE threatening Burnham over Man City
Good Morning Sunday 4th October 2026
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)


Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at 