Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Gransnet Insight end of year thread: chances to win! NOW CLOSED

(321 Posts)
AnnGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 20-Dec-17 10:45:55

The Insight team at GNHQ wanted to say hello to you all and give you the chance to win a lovely end of year prize - read on for the chance to win...

~ A ‘Christmas All Wrapped Up’ mixed case of wine from Virgin Wines - worth £116.87 or
~ A year’s supply of Soreen - worth £70! (52 weeks x £1.35 vouchers) or
~ Cookbooks worth £42 or
~ A selection of books for grandchildren worth £73

We would love to do more product tests with Gransnetters - do tell us what you’d like to put to the test and we can get the sales team on the case! We have appreciated the thoughts you’ve shared for brands such as Fairy, Homebase and Dettol. Do check out our lovely NEW ads on this thread [fgrin].

For a chance to win one of the above prizes, please do one of the below

a) Tell us on this thread what you’d like to product test next year or
b) join the Gransnet Insight panel if you're not yet signed up - where you'll have the opportunity to share your views with GNHQ on a variety of topics and with the companies we work with and chances to win vouchers

Most of the product tests, surveys etc are on site but we also do a lot of projects with our lovely insight research panel, as well as often giving them the heads up about the latest things and chances to win on site.

Thanks as ever for your time and feedback - all very much welcome tchsmile

Happy Christmas! tchgrin
AnnGransnet, PoppyGransnet, EmmaGransnet, JustineBGransnet, and EllieGransnet.

Terms and conditions apply

Closing date: 8 January 2018

Absinthe Thu 21-Dec-17 09:37:04

A test of gadgets and aids to help with arthritic/weak hands, both in the kitchen and for DIY would be good.

Pamaga Thu 21-Dec-17 09:42:08

Product testing? I love the Mumsnet 'swears by' so would love a Gransnet one. I'd be interested in skin creams that help reduce the appearance of liver spots; shampoos and conditioners for post-perm use; toothbrushes and items such as oral irrigators and their effectiveness; handcreams; clothing that doesn't make me look like Auntie Betty nor does it make me look as mutton dressed as lamb, especially in respect of sizing as sizes are so misleading in different shops; bras and bra fitting services; I could go on and on but won't......

jelleng Thu 21-Dec-17 09:56:17

I would love to test the latest Echo Dot with home control

bubbleybooboo Thu 21-Dec-17 10:04:17

id love to test foundation. Im so pale and really struggle to find a colour that matches

MummyBtothree Thu 21-Dec-17 10:13:53

I would love to see a lot more product tests and open to testing all kinds of things from beauty products, food etc to home appliances!. Looking forward to enjoying another year with Gransnet smile

Marmight Thu 21-Dec-17 10:23:45

Travel opportunities and associated insurance for the suddenly single woman /man of un age certain. I'd be more than happy to volunteer for this tchgrin

mbody Thu 21-Dec-17 10:34:04

Hand cream, any food at all! Books would be good including recipe books

Happy Christmas everyone

Lindylo Thu 21-Dec-17 11:06:46

Perfumes - are the extremely expensive ones really that good or could you get by with a cheaper fragrance? How long do the cheaper fragrances last for, are they worthwhile buying or should you make an investment in an expensive one?

GeminiJen Thu 21-Dec-17 11:34:09

Some super ideas here. I'd also be keen to test family history resources and software (ties in with a planned project for the new year!). That and photo books: I love making these, but prices vary enormously and don't always seem related to quality/value. Also lightweight vacuum cleaners, effective pain relief for arthritis, orthotic insoles and thinning hair again!

live7 Thu 21-Dec-17 11:49:38

Hair thinning is a good one. Also any new tech gadgets I'm a bit frightened of to see how I got on. Anything Dyson...never bought anything from them yet as not sure it's worth the price.
I would also be interested in organic products - face and also food. What about those delivery boxes with food that you cook from scratch? Up for most things really!!

sheilads105 Thu 21-Dec-17 11:50:05

I'd like to test a SEBO vacuum cleaner. I've heard they are good and of hotel quality but can't quite believe it when I look at the prices compared to Dyson for example.

Lynne810 Thu 21-Dec-17 12:10:07

I would like to test different ways of making a room smell nice. In particular, I would love to test an electric defuser to see how it compares to a simple reed diffuser.

Angelwings Thu 21-Dec-17 12:23:08

I’ve just signed up - thanks for the opportunity.
I don’t mind testing anything at all !
Some great ideas already listed but how about Fitness trackers, supportive shoes/trainers, sat navs, anything to do with cats /dogs, hand creams for chapped hands, eyebrow treatments for thinning brows.

domesticated Thu 21-Dec-17 12:27:24

I would love to test shampoo and conditioner to help with hair loss due to medication

marpau Thu 21-Dec-17 12:27:28

Technology products e.g. Fitbits I pads sat nav.
Also sulphate free shampoo

carolynhey Thu 21-Dec-17 12:50:28

Would like to try any lightweight hoover to see how good they are on stairs

Humph Thu 21-Dec-17 12:57:53

easter eggs

Maggiemaybe Thu 21-Dec-17 12:58:15

So much has been covered already. But can I add my vote to the calls for tests on wonder shampoos/treatments for thin or fine hair? There's a king's ransom awaiting the person who finds us a cure that really works. smile

trueblonde Thu 21-Dec-17 13:16:14

I would love a Nintendo Switch, as my kids are fed up with the Wi, so hopefully this will get them the exercise we all need

Greentea Thu 21-Dec-17 14:01:32

Hair products for thinning hair please,vegetarian food and antiperspirants that really work.

26jibby Thu 21-Dec-17 14:11:13

Gluten free products as I live with Coeliacs

Liz46 Thu 21-Dec-17 14:15:17

Yet another one for thinning hair (again probably due to medication). Also a good substitute for bleach as I have a lung problem and bleach aggravates it.

KatyK Thu 21-Dec-17 14:21:08

My husband is diabetic but has a really sweet tooth. I would love to product test sugar free sweets, chocolate, biscuits etc. The shops are full of dairy free, gluten free and wheat free etc but very little sugar free. I am happy to product test anything really smile

gd Thu 21-Dec-17 14:30:06

Stand mixer

NanaPlenty Thu 21-Dec-17 14:50:02

Shampoo for grey hair and hairdryers that don't make your arm ache.