Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Who would you want to take on a cruise and why? Share with Holland America Line - £300 voucher to be won

(184 Posts)
AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Sep-19 14:25:10

Going on a cruise can be a great way to see the world all in one holiday and what can be even better is sharing that experience with someone you love...be it a friend, family member or even extended family & friends. Who you go away with can really alter the type of holiday you have for the better; do you bring your always-up-for-an-adventure cousin or perhaps you’d want to take your partner because they’re more relaxed? With this in mind Holland America Line would love to know who you’d take on a cruise and why?

Here’s what Holland America Line have to say: ‘Holland America Line’s elegant hotels at sea are perfect for all holiday makers. Whether you wish to go solo, with a partner or with extended family, there are destinations to suit every traveller, and a lifestyle for every passion - whether explorers, foodies or music lovers…’

'From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed as a friend. Settle into your spacious stateroom and your room steward will pop by to ensure every detail is in order, taking a moment to learn your name to greet you personally every day. Throughout the ship you’ll find service is gracious and attentive. Never in the way, yet always close at hand.'

Do you have a big family and you’d love to take them all for a whole host of different reasons? Is it your partner you’d like to bring with you because you both love travelling and exploring new places together? Perhaps you have a group of friends that you have non-stop laughs with that you’d love to bring along? Maybe you’d like some quality time with your children and/or grandchildren? Or even if you can’t think of any friends/family you’d like to bring, what about if you could literally take anyone in the world on a cruise? Why would you choose them?

Share who you’d take on a cruise with and why on the thread below and everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

Dannydog1 Tue 24-Sep-19 20:30:59

My partner as he retired five years ago but took on a part time job with the local care home which he loves. He deserves a great holiday

ceejayen Tue 24-Sep-19 20:28:50

I went on a cruise many years ago and loved it. Wold love to try it again if time permits perhaps with my sister.

florrie01 Tue 24-Sep-19 17:42:59

Id love to take my husband. We seem to get so little time relaxing together so a little break like this would be perfect!

Sofa Tue 24-Sep-19 14:06:16

I would love to take my 2 sons and their families, all 10 of us!

missymorgan Tue 24-Sep-19 13:35:00

Maybe I would go on my own, and see if I can't find myself a kind and funny new man. (Is that allowed?!)

Angela6 Tue 24-Sep-19 10:35:40

My partner, for over 40 years he has supported me through thick and thin. This would be a wonderful opportunity for us to share quality time, relax and enjoy the journey.

athenacarina Tue 24-Sep-19 00:21:26

I've been on a Rhine cruise 25 years ago-Blimey, where does the time go!? Loved it, would go again if I could afford. Went with my Mum and though it rained most days we were on board, it was relaxing. Oh, and the first time I developed vertigo~I think I need to live aboard a boat these days!

Manzara Mon 23-Sep-19 23:27:24

My dearest friend and beloved husband is Peter. We have been together for 32 years....second time around for both of us.
I am 75 and Peter is my 'toy boy' at aged 71 ?
We have always enjoyed being on holiday with each other and still find travelling to new places to be a thrilling experience. Three years ago Peter nursed me through a patch of serious illnesses and I can never thank him enough for his love and care. So, yes, he would definitely be my chosen companion!

nilsvde Mon 23-Sep-19 13:07:54

I would take my family members and up to three friends. It would be nice if they can be booked separately, one group on each half of the ship. This way, I can go all crazy in the cocktailbar on one end, and spend the hangover relaxing with my parents and brother in the pool. Thanks in advance, and hope you can understand that a student needs to combine the best of both worlds.

Calimay Mon 23-Sep-19 12:27:40

I would like to take anyone willing ,as I find it hard to find someone to take on holiday with me,as people are so busy these days and I'm not sure if I have the confidence to go on my own.

SuzC Mon 23-Sep-19 10:54:01

I would like to take my son on a cruise around the Galápagos - a dream destination for both of us!

He's into food too so would definitely enjoy the dining opportunities on offer.

susan65 Mon 23-Sep-19 08:02:27

I would love to take my husband on a cruise to celebrate our 25 years together. We have both said we would love to go on a cruise to the Norwegian Fjords if given the chance.

marymod Sun 22-Sep-19 23:02:47

I'd love to take the whole family - an ideal opportunity for us to bond and have fun together with things for everyone to enjoy.

Sennett17 Sun 22-Sep-19 19:39:30

I would take my lovely hubby, he’s reached retirement age but unfortunately due to our business failing he’s having to continue working for the foreseeable future. It would be fantastic to surprise him with a well deserved holiday and I think a cruise would be just the ticket!

mandydoherty65 Sun 22-Sep-19 19:02:23

I'd take my daughter's mother in law, we get along so well and even manage to co-grandparent our grandchildren when we have to. I'd love to take my daughter too but that would mean five grandchildren aged 5 years down to a new born so it wouldn't be much of a holiday for us then

SUZY156 Sun 22-Sep-19 18:02:22

I would love to go with my hubby sister and her hubby for a celebration cruise for our birthday s

Sam100 Sun 22-Sep-19 15:05:18

I would take my father. He struggles with mobility now and has not been on holiday for many many years. A cruise would be an accessible holiday for him and a new experience for me too.

janeainsworth Sun 22-Sep-19 14:57:08

MrA, who else. He's the only person I feel comfortable dancing with grin

Miche1 Sun 22-Sep-19 13:16:20

I would take my sister. Since having families we don't get to spend time where it's just the to of us. I would love to go on an adventure, just me and my big sis❤️

wendycl Sun 22-Sep-19 13:09:00

I would love to take my hubby on another cruise, we've tried it once with some trepidation but now we know what suits us and what doesn't we could be more adventurous. He has Parkinsons so getting around isn't easy so this is the ideal no hassle way to travel.

Jokster Sun 22-Sep-19 13:06:14

I would like to take my twin daughters on a Mediterranean cruise so that they can experience many other countries.

Teddy111 Sun 22-Sep-19 11:03:04

I would take my kind,gentle lovely sister.She is a single mum and has not had a holiday of any sort for years.I have never heard her complain or make an unpleasant comment about anybody,ever.

Wammer Sun 22-Sep-19 10:58:51

My dear Dad. Mum and Dad have been on a few cruises as mum hated flying. Last year we lost mum to Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Dad will probably not holiday again but most definitely never cruise again. He will probably now holiday with us, if he’s not to proud to refuse an invite. He would be able to show me all the tricks onboard a ship and the best cities to visit.

Stmiddy Sun 22-Sep-19 09:47:35

I have been on a cruise before with just my daughter when she was 10 and loved the safety aspect of it. She could go to the Kids' Club or wander around with her friends without me having to 'tag along'. My partner has twin daughters aged 11 and I would love to take him so that he could experience this aspect of a cruise with a view to experiencing a cruise as a family of 5.

juliedee Sat 21-Sep-19 14:22:20

would go with my husband, been on a few cruises now, including the wonderful Holland America a few years ago, have been looking at the wonderful deals around, it really is a lovely way to "sea" the world!