Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Who would you want to take on a cruise and why? Share with Holland America Line - £300 voucher to be won

(184 Posts)
AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Sep-19 14:25:10

Going on a cruise can be a great way to see the world all in one holiday and what can be even better is sharing that experience with someone you love...be it a friend, family member or even extended family & friends. Who you go away with can really alter the type of holiday you have for the better; do you bring your always-up-for-an-adventure cousin or perhaps you’d want to take your partner because they’re more relaxed? With this in mind Holland America Line would love to know who you’d take on a cruise and why?

Here’s what Holland America Line have to say: ‘Holland America Line’s elegant hotels at sea are perfect for all holiday makers. Whether you wish to go solo, with a partner or with extended family, there are destinations to suit every traveller, and a lifestyle for every passion - whether explorers, foodies or music lovers…’

'From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed as a friend. Settle into your spacious stateroom and your room steward will pop by to ensure every detail is in order, taking a moment to learn your name to greet you personally every day. Throughout the ship you’ll find service is gracious and attentive. Never in the way, yet always close at hand.'

Do you have a big family and you’d love to take them all for a whole host of different reasons? Is it your partner you’d like to bring with you because you both love travelling and exploring new places together? Perhaps you have a group of friends that you have non-stop laughs with that you’d love to bring along? Maybe you’d like some quality time with your children and/or grandchildren? Or even if you can’t think of any friends/family you’d like to bring, what about if you could literally take anyone in the world on a cruise? Why would you choose them?

Share who you’d take on a cruise with and why on the thread below and everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

LucyBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Nov-19 13:18:39

Thank you to everyone who took part in this sponsored discussion. The winner of the voucher is @katynana smile Congratulations!

H1954 Sat 05-Oct-19 20:00:05

Captain Birdseye naturally; then he could tell me where he first caught Fish Fingers! ?

INDIA505050 Sat 05-Oct-19 19:54:16

I would like to take my parents who are in their 80s my dad is registered blind and has,always loved the sea I know he would love this and my mum could be pampered for the first time in her life xx

MandyRaff Thu 03-Oct-19 10:22:28

My husband. We started cruising for our 25th anniversary (it was supposed to be a one-off) and have been every year since. Love cruising <3

tina28 Mon 30-Sep-19 20:05:05

would love to take my carer/partner as I am in a wheelchair, he takes me out and makes me laugh all the time, although we do not live together, he is only round the corner, so we are together apart!!!

Mummyb23 Mon 30-Sep-19 16:05:44

I would love to go with my wonderful husband he is my best friend and my Rock I suffered a small stroke 6 months ago and he was amazing helped with the girls and everything he is my soulmate. And the only person I would want to go on a cruise with.

Hugosbabe Mon 30-Sep-19 14:44:24

I would spend the Cruise with my other half - we always have fun together.

keithymon99 Mon 30-Sep-19 13:34:13

I would like to go with the only movie star who really qualifies to experience this type of holiday. Who am I referring to? - Tom Cruise, of course.

kdixxy Mon 30-Sep-19 11:56:21

I would take my husband, have been wanting to go on a cruise for a long time

MamaCaz Mon 30-Sep-19 07:45:24

I think I'd like to go on my own!

Failing that, I would like to take my mum as, since being widowed, she hasn't been on a holiday and has sadly said several times that she doubts if she will ever get the chance again.

sammjyjay0906 Mon 30-Sep-19 07:37:52

I would love to take my eldest son, he has autism but loves to travel

jackier333 Mon 30-Sep-19 05:07:52

My lovely Mum, because she adores cruising and still has some many bucket list destinations to visit!

akas Sun 29-Sep-19 23:03:37

I would take my sister because she is fab and deserves a break

anabanana Sun 29-Sep-19 18:37:50

I would take my husband, he was 60 just about a week ago, and still getting used to it! So a taste of luxury would do him good.

nelliedean Sun 29-Sep-19 12:40:22

I'd love to take my daughter and two grandchildren and share the fun with them.

mrsplum Sun 29-Sep-19 11:33:29

My husband of 52 years - who else!

Geordienanaannie Sun 29-Sep-19 10:02:11

My husband & I would love to get my two daughters together after many years apart with one living in the UK and the other in Australia - perhaps they could find the bond that they used to have as children. The time we could all spend together on board a cruise would hopefully draw us all together again as a family as we relaxed in wonderful surroundings and comfort.

Yolostela Sun 29-Sep-19 09:59:58

I'd love to go with my husband. We've only cruised once 12 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary, such great memories

keithdixon Sat 28-Sep-19 19:33:48

David Attenborough so I can talk about his programmes.

Horatia Sat 28-Sep-19 17:47:58

My husband as he chauffeurs me around, carries everything and looks out for me all the time and never expects a tip. We love each other's company and enjoy making memories together.

fullarton121 Sat 28-Sep-19 16:08:08

I've never been on a cruise, but it would be an absolute dream to go on a Rhine cruise with my wife.

sheridarby Sat 28-Sep-19 12:03:35

I would love to go on a cruise with my husband, we could do with a perfect holiday

susie14 Fri 27-Sep-19 12:01:59

I would take my OH, we've enjoyed 3 cruises so far on fairly large ships but never had any issues. I've been sea sick on two of the voyages but once that's over, cruising is the best holiday, so much to see and do

dahville Wed 25-Sep-19 20:05:36

I would like to go on a generational trip with extended family, from the newest grand niece all the way to my 86 year old mum.

Proseccomimama Wed 25-Sep-19 10:46:10

I would love to take my dear 95 year old Mum who has always wanted to go on a cruise. She became really ill 3 years ago and now lives in a local Care Home. I visit most days and she is so much better these last few months that she would now be well enough to go with me. It would just be wonderful to give her that treat.