Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Who would you want to take on a cruise and why? Share with Holland America Line - £300 voucher to be won

(183 Posts)
Kittyme1 Fri 13-Sep-19 21:54:21

I would love to take my lovely mum as she has always wanted to go on a cruise oh and I'd have to take hubby so he can carry all our on board purchases.

chelseababy Fri 13-Sep-19 14:24:48

I would take my other half but also my brother's with their wives. One couple is great fun and the other couple more steady but have had a tough time health-wise. The six of us would relive an earlier cruise we did shortly after our mother died.

Auntieflo Thu 12-Sep-19 08:03:17

I am another who would want to go with my DH.
We know each other so well now, well we should after 58 years! and we enjoy being in new exciting places.

But that said, oh how I would love to be able to take all our adult grandchildren along for the adventure.

cornergran Thu 12-Sep-19 07:40:01

Mr C and I have enjoyed cruises but I’d love to be able to go with our immediate family, it would be special as there is so little opportunity to spend time together. So, Mr C, our children, their partners and our grandchildren. There is something for everyone on a cruise and as a real bonus no need for me to be responsible for feeding them all.

mumofmadboys Thu 12-Sep-19 07:20:47

Another one here who would want to go with DH! We enjoy travelling together

BBbevan Thu 12-Sep-19 06:54:20

Same here Notspaghetti I would want to go with DH. We have been on several cruises and enjoyed them and each other's company. Had marvellous times

NotSpaghetti Thu 12-Sep-19 00:19:57

My "other half" - because why would I want to go with anyone else? smile

AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Sep-19 14:25:10

Going on a cruise can be a great way to see the world all in one holiday and what can be even better is sharing that experience with someone you love...be it a friend, family member or even extended family & friends. Who you go away with can really alter the type of holiday you have for the better; do you bring your always-up-for-an-adventure cousin or perhaps you’d want to take your partner because they’re more relaxed? With this in mind Holland America Line would love to know who you’d take on a cruise and why?

Here’s what Holland America Line have to say: ‘Holland America Line’s elegant hotels at sea are perfect for all holiday makers. Whether you wish to go solo, with a partner or with extended family, there are destinations to suit every traveller, and a lifestyle for every passion - whether explorers, foodies or music lovers…’

'From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed as a friend. Settle into your spacious stateroom and your room steward will pop by to ensure every detail is in order, taking a moment to learn your name to greet you personally every day. Throughout the ship you’ll find service is gracious and attentive. Never in the way, yet always close at hand.'

Do you have a big family and you’d love to take them all for a whole host of different reasons? Is it your partner you’d like to bring with you because you both love travelling and exploring new places together? Perhaps you have a group of friends that you have non-stop laughs with that you’d love to bring along? Maybe you’d like some quality time with your children and/or grandchildren? Or even if you can’t think of any friends/family you’d like to bring, what about if you could literally take anyone in the world on a cruise? Why would you choose them?

Share who you’d take on a cruise with and why on the thread below and everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply