Gransnet forums

Sponsored discussions

Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Gransnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at [email protected]. If you are a journalist, start-up or student and you want to request feedback from gransnetters, please post in Media Requests.

Who would you want to take on a cruise and why? Share with Holland America Line - £300 voucher to be won

(184 Posts)
AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Sep-19 14:25:10

Going on a cruise can be a great way to see the world all in one holiday and what can be even better is sharing that experience with someone you love...be it a friend, family member or even extended family & friends. Who you go away with can really alter the type of holiday you have for the better; do you bring your always-up-for-an-adventure cousin or perhaps you’d want to take your partner because they’re more relaxed? With this in mind Holland America Line would love to know who you’d take on a cruise and why?

Here’s what Holland America Line have to say: ‘Holland America Line’s elegant hotels at sea are perfect for all holiday makers. Whether you wish to go solo, with a partner or with extended family, there are destinations to suit every traveller, and a lifestyle for every passion - whether explorers, foodies or music lovers…’

'From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed as a friend. Settle into your spacious stateroom and your room steward will pop by to ensure every detail is in order, taking a moment to learn your name to greet you personally every day. Throughout the ship you’ll find service is gracious and attentive. Never in the way, yet always close at hand.'

Do you have a big family and you’d love to take them all for a whole host of different reasons? Is it your partner you’d like to bring with you because you both love travelling and exploring new places together? Perhaps you have a group of friends that you have non-stop laughs with that you’d love to bring along? Maybe you’d like some quality time with your children and/or grandchildren? Or even if you can’t think of any friends/family you’d like to bring, what about if you could literally take anyone in the world on a cruise? Why would you choose them?

Share who you’d take on a cruise with and why on the thread below and everyone who does will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher of their choice (from a list).

Thanks and good luck!
GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs Apply

maciv234 Tue 17-Sep-19 12:52:11

my wife it would be a trip of a lifetime

sheebasima Tue 17-Sep-19 13:00:23

I would love to take my partner and granddaughter on a fabulous holiday, they deserve a wonderful surprise. xx

Mooo Tue 17-Sep-19 13:25:26

My Daughter, I want her to see as much of the world as possible

soozwales Tue 17-Sep-19 13:38:38

My Husband he has paid the 40 cruises we have taken on Cunard and P&O

Lyndsey Tue 17-Sep-19 14:21:58

I have never been on a cruise but I would love to go on one with my 2 children because they are such good fun

flowerpot2000 Tue 17-Sep-19 15:01:25

i would love to go on a cruise to Alaska with the family so we can see the sea wildlife and apapreciate nature in a cold climate which we love rather than in a warm climate

Jeanlizzie Tue 17-Sep-19 15:11:25

My mum she isn't well and I want to cherish every moment I have left with her as I regret not doing the same with my dad
I realise I don't need a cruise to spend time with her , but would love to have the quality relaxed time with her and have the most amazing memories for a life time

kaiseroo16 Tue 17-Sep-19 16:05:10

My husband jimmy as never been on a cruise and this would be fabulous

Rabbit Tue 17-Sep-19 17:03:30

I would take my elderly neighbour. Though he is always busy with his church & meets friends a few times a week, he has never been abroad & it would be interesting to see his reaction to new sights & experiences. He has led an interesting life: I love hearing his stories about old London & traditions. It would be lovely to make new memories together.

Aka77 Tue 17-Sep-19 17:55:25

My husband: I wouldn’t have nearly so much fun without him.

PamGregory Tue 17-Sep-19 18:39:03

I'd go with my hubby. I've always wanted to do a cruise but never been able to!

Marmight Tue 17-Sep-19 18:49:57

Another with no husband, although I think he’d have been happier on a sailing boat in Sydney Harbour than a big cruise liner! I have 3 daughters so would have to take all three or none at all, unless by then I had met a toy boy in which case there would be no competition .........wink

Siobhan13 Tue 17-Sep-19 18:57:19

I would take my mum because she has never even been on a plane, and I have two children with needs she helps me so much I wouldn't know what to do without her.This would be a treat, once in a lifetime experience for her. (And a break from my kids lol)

elizabethmae Tue 17-Sep-19 19:46:56

my Husband, everytime

watermeadow Tue 17-Sep-19 20:12:15

I’d take Boris Johnson or Donald Trump (interchangeable)
First night out I’d shove him overboard.

Isobelw Tue 17-Sep-19 20:51:57

I would take my friend

Andrea1 Tue 17-Sep-19 21:22:14

I would take my other half so we could enjoy the scenery together.

Lesley72 Wed 18-Sep-19 08:41:32

I usually go on cruises with my husband and we always find people to chat to. It would be lovely to go with my two sons and their families. I’m sure we would have agreat time discovering the world together! ?❤️

toscalily Wed 18-Sep-19 11:09:49

I have never been on a cruise and always thought it would not be my kind of holiday as I'm not the best sailor, get queasy at sea. Think I would reconsider now as long as it was not too large a ship. Would take OH and hope he would enjoy the experience

c6girls Wed 18-Sep-19 13:04:49

I would love to take my 2 younger daughters as we have all gone through a lot of family problems this year

foxylass Wed 18-Sep-19 13:13:53

I would take my best friend Jenny. We have known each other since we were 11 and are both 65 next year. A cruise would be the perfect celebration.

creativeness Wed 18-Sep-19 16:32:41

I would love to take my two children & grandkids with me as they have been through really a really tough year & deserve a holiday. It would be marvellous as we rarely meet up altogether bar family gatherings

mockturtle Wed 18-Sep-19 21:29:34

I'd love to take my wee family with me on a cruise. I love the idea of docking at different places and having the ship to explore the rest of my time. I don't know how the kids (and I) would cope with the excitement of it all!

quizqueen Wed 18-Sep-19 21:42:03

Another advocate for threatening to kill someone on here, yes, you watermeadow. People who say these things never seem to get reprimanded though. Is it really a good thing to say that you want to push someone overboard. I could say that I hope they are holding onto your hand at the same time but I won't sink to your level.

cazhow Wed 18-Sep-19 22:48:36

I’d take my husband he’s always said he fancies going on a cruise it would be lovely and relaxing