Gransnet forums

Sport

What is Stella McCartney's hold on the establishment?

(14 Posts)
crimson Wed 28-Mar-12 13:16:14

Yes;just imagine Bambi with one huge eye. I wouldn't buy one of those mascots for the grandchildren as it would give them [and me] nightmares. How can people be paid so much to produce such rubbish [that and the logo...]. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the Games, does it?

JessM Wed 28-Mar-12 13:01:57

It's cod day only got one eye each grin
Any psychology student could'a told them: If you want a cute mascot the one thing you must have is TWO big eyes. Suspect a committee of sporty types had the wool pulled over their eyes by various luvvy agencies. sad

Oldgreymare Tue 27-Mar-12 18:05:18

Absolutely JessM..... am I alone in thinking that those awful mascots look phallic?

JessM Tue 27-Mar-12 16:57:49

I think the kit looks fine. If Phillips and Dai look good in it, that will do for me smile
A hell of a lot better that the logo, the posters and the mascots - you have to admit!

Carol Tue 27-Mar-12 16:50:04

Me, too - looking forward to that one!

Greatnan Tue 27-Mar-12 16:22:31

You start it , susiecb, and I will certainly contribute!

susiecb Mon 26-Mar-12 10:08:53

Greatnan I am with you on the S McCartney front and for me that goes for her Dad and his tuneless music too. Woody Allen had one of his characters I think in Annie Hall talk about the Hall of the Vastly Overrated and I would definitely put Stella and Daddy in it- in fact how about a thread called the Hall of the Vastly Overrated?

pinkprincess Sat 24-Mar-12 15:42:10

I am in agreement with Greatnan on this subject. When I first saw the designs I thought who on earth has designed those.Then I saw Stella McCartney.Daddy's girl.

Annobel Fri 23-Mar-12 11:36:20

I rather liked the look of the kit. The design is innovative and distinctive. I hope it is also comfortable: Ellie Simmonds said she was glad to get out of it. I thought the shoulder straps on her swimsuit looked a bit tight.

janepearce6 Fri 23-Mar-12 10:50:17

The 'red' looked orange on TV today - she seemed to favour making them look 'Scottish' - they are very blue! I don't particularly like the Union flag but it needs to be seen in its entirety - I don't understand why Stella McCartney gets a job like this for this design - poor, poor - I could say it again - poor!

Lastsongster Fri 23-Mar-12 10:46:11

I think it's appalling. Unattractive, silly.

goose1964 Fri 23-Mar-12 10:12:58

I love the kit - it will be so easy to identify our competitiors

Jacey Fri 23-Mar-12 09:33:40

No ...I wasn't impressed either ...reminded me of the 'Green Flag' company!!

Greatnan Fri 23-Mar-12 08:42:19

She has taken the union flag which is recognised throughout the world and made it 'contemporary'. The official Olympic outfits are dire. Why is this talentless woman so revered? She did not shine at college and if her father had not been Paul McCartney we would probably never have heard of her. IN spite of her money and fame, she usually looks as if she is biting on a lemon, like her mate Victoria Beckham.