Gransnet forums

Sport

Golf

(8 Posts)
suebailey1 Fri 13-Jun-14 15:11:23

Love it!! Juts come back from 18 holes and its very hot and humid here - beat husband yet again!! He can have another go at beating me tomorrow.

dustyangel Fri 13-Jun-14 14:21:22

grin

Elegran Fri 13-Jun-14 10:35:30

Sign posted at a golf club in Scotland:-

1.BACK STRAIGHT, KNEES BENT
2.FEET SHOULDER WIDTH APART
3.FORM A LOOSE GRIP
4.KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN!
5.STAY OUT OF THE WATER.
6. TRY NOT TO HIT ANYONE.
7.IF YOU ARE TAKING TOO LONG, LET OTHERS GO AHEAD OF YOU.
8.DON'T STAND DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF OTHERS.
9.QUIET PLEASE...WHILE OTHERS ARE PREPARING.
10.DON'T TAKE EXTRA STROKES.

WELL DONE.. NOW, FLUSH THE URINAL, GO OUTSIDE, AND TEE OFF.

specki4eyes Fri 30-May-14 16:38:24

Sorry sueb I've been off line for ages owing to new livebox malfunction!
The competition was fun - it was a greensome - and I played ok, but the guy I was drawn with (french and therefore up himself) brought his son with him and they proceeded round the course chatting away happily to each other, searching for lost balls together (whilst we were being harrassed from behind!) sharing in-jokes etc. all of which zapped my concentration completely. I know it sounds as though I'm blaming them that we didnt win but my concentration is so fragile these days - any little thing can throw me. Our opponents played well and congratulated themselves and each other throughout...grrrr.

I need to get past this concentration issue somehow - praps I should have an mp3 player wired into my ears so that I can just listen to relaxing music!

suebailey1 Fri 16-May-14 09:41:22

Hello Ladies the pro said to me' people are not thinking what you think they are thinking. Most people are self centred and all they care about is their own game- when you duff it up they are relieved not critical'. Another lady said to me' your game is never as bad as you think it is and their game is never as good as you think it is.

So good luck specki for Saturday the weather will be gorgeus and with the sun on your back you will feel good and the ball will fly! I'm playing for Rotary on Wednesday and really hoping it gets cancelled! Let me know how you get on.

Tiggy are you still riding - its something I would love to try.

Have a lovely weekend Ladies.

tiggypiro Wed 14-May-14 18:31:23

I have never played golf but you could take the same view as I used to do when I went Endurance riding. My pony was a scruffy little chap however hard I tried to make him otherwise so I consoled myself with the reason I was there was to make others feel good about themselves. With this in mind I enjoyed myself !

Have a good game both of you.

specki4eyes Wed 14-May-14 12:45:02

Join the club Suebailey (pardon the pun) I now firmly believe that the only reason I keep going back to play golf is because sometimes, just sometimes, things go right.

But my problem is that if I get off to a bad start on the first tee - I'm in bits for the rest of the round! I kind of imagine that my fellow players are thinking, "what a prat" and that is my primary thought.. which is not conducive to good golf!

I'm playing in a competition on Saturday and am dreading it!

Silly old game.smile

suebailey1 Wed 14-May-14 09:14:23

Good morning all - any lady golfers here. I'm off to Ladies morning at my club for a social round having withdrawn from the competition because of 'nerves' anyone else suffer this and how are you coping. Its ruining my game and don't know how to cope with it- feeling silly.