Gransnet forums

Sport

Tour de France

(38 Posts)
Bez Sat 05-Jul-14 18:56:23

Chris Froome had a face like the back end when they started off this morning riding from Leeds to the start at Harewood House - everyone else was laughing and chatting.

Bez Sat 05-Jul-14 18:54:51

We have a very young rider - about 21 in the race too - Simon Yates.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 05-Jul-14 18:54:44

Well - any port in a storm. We need someone to cheer on.

Tegan Sat 05-Jul-14 18:52:57

I think Chris Froome and Mark Cavendish are a couple of grumps [MC even more so after today]. Neither with the charisma of Sir Brad.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 05-Jul-14 18:46:31

Chris Froome He looks like a nice bloke. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 05-Jul-14 18:43:32

Oh no!! (to nonu's OP. (haven't heard any news today). That's awful. sadWe've still got another in it though haven't we?

Bez Sat 05-Jul-14 18:36:13

I watched it in French TV - far less adverts! And they were doing exactly as they do in France and showing the most lovely shots from a helicopter - for all churches and large houses the name was shown and they gave good descriptions. A great pity about the crash at the end - when shown from above you could see that the man to the left of Mark Cavendish turned into him and caused the mayhem. Such a pity at the end of a great day and Yorkshire looking so wonderful.

hildajenniJ Sat 05-Jul-14 17:32:33

My DH has been glued to the tour de france all day, only because it's in Yorkshire and he loves Harrogate. He has no idea otherwise, I had to explain the different jersies to him at the end of the stage. "King of the mountains" he exclaimed, "there aren't any mountains in Yorkshire".grin

penguinpaperback Sat 05-Jul-14 17:11:18

Oh it was such a shame. But what a fabulous day for Yorkshire. The scenery, the weather was beautiful and the crowds.

Tegan Sat 05-Jul-14 17:10:37

It's not the same without Bradley Wiggins imo

merlotgran Sat 05-Jul-14 17:09:40

I really can't get excited about the Tour de France hmm

Tegan Sat 05-Jul-14 17:09:38

Did you see all the yellow sheep that were 'lying down'? I was a bit concerned about that as I don't think I've ever seen a sheep lying down and wondered if the yellow dye had, well, made them die confused.

Nonu Sat 05-Jul-14 16:53:23

Oh dear, poor old Cavendish, fallen off his bike , was clutching his shoulder and they are almost a 100% he has broken his collarbone !

We are NOT doing so well this Summer are we ?

All rather sad