Gransnet forums

Sport

Calling all DCFC fans, will we make it?

(8 Posts)
annsixty Sat 14-May-16 16:48:29

I was joking *Alima" they are my H and D's treasured possessions.?

Alima Sat 14-May-16 16:24:03

Oh dear.

annsixty Sat 14-May-16 15:46:42

A few years ago Royal crown Derby made a special edition of their paperweights of the Derby ram. It could only be bought from the shop at Pride Park as it still was .
We bought 2and ever since have thought when they win the Premiership we will sell them at a huge profit.
I think we have them for ever?

kittylester Sat 14-May-16 15:23:12

It looks unlikely now but you never know. But, as there are lots of forest fans in this family, they need the consolation of not being marooned in the championship on their own.grin

Tegan Sat 14-May-16 12:24:44

Crikey; I thought the S.O. had said that Derby couldn't go up so I hadn't realised how important today was. I, too, remember cheering the team through the streets of Derby when they went up last time. There were those years when the [then] manager [whose name I've forgotten blush] had scouted abroad for obscure players who turned out to be brilliant [eg Wanchope]. Watched their final game in a local pub with mixed feelings as I'd supported the Baggies in my childhood. Now I know why the S.O. said we couldn't go into town today! A friend of mine taught at a school in [I think] Ethiopia years ago and the villagers there have supported the Rams ever since.

Alima Sat 14-May-16 11:23:24

That is a very good reason to cheer them on today, come on you Rams!

annsixty Sat 14-May-16 10:06:59

My H has has his seat booked on the sofa for a week now.
Football especially Derby is one of the very very few things he is interested in now.
He will be happy if it goes well but if it doesn't he won't remember tomorrow sad

Alima Sat 14-May-16 09:41:09

Hello fellow Derby fans. We have Hull in the play-offs today, how do you think we will do? I find myself in two minds about them going up if they make it. The last time is seared in my memory, 11 points, just eleven. Not a record it feels good to hold. What do you think, there is no way it could be as bad as last time? Go, Derby!