Gransnet forums

Sport

Training or disrespect

(10 Posts)
Teetime Tue 10-Oct-17 10:40:15

I have recently started up a Walking Netball group with the help of Netball Association coach. Yesterday the coach was on annual leave so rather than cancel the session I took the group having already explained I'm not a coach just following the pattern of previous weeks training. A new lady turned up. I made her welcome. During shooting practice she missed the goal all the time and wouldn't take any advice. I tried to get her to come nearer to the goalpost as the Coach had done the previous week - she became very angry and shouted ' you needed to respect my decision not to come closer' she missed all the time and used a basketball shot. I said fine and walked away. I will leave her to the coach to sort out next week.

Grannyknot Tue 10-Oct-17 10:52:04

Oh my word teetime she's odd. Definitely to do with her and not you.

I wish I had a Walking Netball group near me, I used to enjoy it at schoo..

Alima Tue 10-Oct-17 10:58:29

It does sound like good fun, I could cope with a walking netball group, loved the game but the running bit is out for me.
Doesn't sound like she will be a team player Teetime. A bit odd, joining a netball group but having issues with the netball posts.

M0nica Tue 10-Oct-17 11:01:19

This thread has reminded me I haven't booked myself onto tomorrow's pilates class!

I cannot wait to hear some famous footballer, justifying his poor performance in goal scoring by saying 'You must respect my decision not to score goals' - and then demand an even better contract!!

FarNorth Tue 10-Oct-17 11:04:23

confused strange person.

Nannarose Tue 10-Oct-17 12:20:57

Oh dear Teetime, I would say nothing, certainly don't discuss with any other members of them team (or she'll accuse you of'gossip') and leave to coach - although I suspect she may not come back!
And I find my mother's saying always cheers me a little 'no good deed ever goes unpunished' (and she did many good deeds!)

Teetime Tue 10-Oct-17 12:23:58

Love it monica it did remind me of footballing divas.

Tea and cake Tue 10-Oct-17 12:48:59

How very odd..confused. Do you think she will come back?

Teetime Tue 10-Oct-17 13:02:25

Thank you for the support. I will be very interested to see if she comes back. The other ladies didn't take to her as she was barging about a lot and at one point knocked someone elses glasses off but she did seem to enjoy it. We'll see!

vampirequeen Tue 10-Oct-17 14:48:44

She sounds like a very unpleasant person.