Gransnet forums

Sport

Football...

(15 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Tegan2 Fri 10-Nov-17 23:49:16

Did I just see an England team play good, entertaining, attacking football against Germany in a game that they didn't lose; didn't go into penalty shoot outs [well, it wasn't going to anyway] with a manager who doesn't dye his hair [apologies to the German manager if he doesn't but he certainly looks as though he does wink] and, to top it all, they have a player called Loftus Cheek. I think the glory days may be back...

hildajenniJ Sat 11-Nov-17 10:11:15

I think it might come down to the fact that both the under 21's and the under 17's both won their versions of the World Cup. At present we seem to have plenty of really good, talented youngsters. I wonder if some of them were chosen for the squad who played against Gernany.

Tegan2 Sat 11-Nov-17 10:59:22

I think they were because some of the 'proper' players are injured. And, as far as I know, Germany played a full, proper team. We were excellent!

kittylester Sat 11-Nov-17 12:24:52

Gives those of us who were around in 1966 some hope!!

And, 'our' team won last week!!

Nonnie Sat 11-Nov-17 15:23:30

It wasn't a complete German team but one comment was telling - whilst English Premier League players were pulling out of the squad, but no doubt will be fit for their clubs next week, there were seven Premier League players selected in the German and Brazilian (who England play on Tuesday) squads but NONE of them pulled out!

Imperfect27 Sun 12-Nov-17 13:02:48

Say it quietly now ... Yes, there just might possibly, may, perhaps, never-say-never- (almost can't stand it) be (some) hope ...

And yes, getting soooooo fed up with the preening premier brigade that don't seem to have any sense of pride about playing for their country and/or their managers who won't risk then getting injured ... (Harry Kane I see as exempt as he has been carrying a hamstring strain and he IS notably proud to play for England) (*COYS!!!!*)

Markintosh Sun 15-Apr-18 15:34:00

England is a good team for football. And as far as I know they have won 2 more FIFA World Cup as well.

loopyloo Thu 21-Jun-18 20:52:18

Wow, Argentina have lost 3 nil to Croatia. Amazing.

Figuroa Wed 18-Dec-19 11:08:04

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

RobeanWillams Sat 03-Oct-20 02:53:50

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MarkConley Sat 24-Oct-20 19:49:56

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Urmstongran Sat 24-Oct-20 20:36:43

Reported.

Vladon Mon 27-Jun-22 15:05:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Oldnproud Mon 27-Jun-22 15:09:20

Reported.

KellyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 27-Jun-22 15:12:09

Hi all - this old thread seems to have become a bit of a magnet for dodgy spammers so we're closing it now.