Gransnet forums

Sport

Winter Olympics

(15 Posts)
NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 11:15:12

Got it videoing as I am going out to lunch.

Looking forward to the snowboarding. What are you going to watch ?

Best of luck to all our teams.

Teetime Fri 09-Feb-18 11:25:56

I have just had coffee watching some of the opening ceremony which was very impressive. I like things like bob sleigh, luge and the big jump thing etc I find them hugely entertaining. smile

Auntieflo Fri 09-Feb-18 12:20:42

First of all I am going to don a tin hat. grin I don't choose to watch any sport, but if it's on, DH likes some, then I maybe catch a very little bit. I wish there was just a dedicated sports channel. Sorry Nankate, you enjoy.

hildajenniJ Fri 09-Feb-18 12:25:31

I'm watching the opening ceremony. It's beautifully put together. I enjoy the winter sports and miss my Saturday mornings with the Biathlon on Eurosport. I also enjoy the Ski Jump and the Nordic Combined events. Not so keen on figure skating.

Jane10 Fri 09-Feb-18 13:14:00

I'm with you Auntiflo! It's just more sport. The only Olympic sports I ever watched featured John Currie, Robin Cousins and Torvill and Dean so it's been a while...

tanith Fri 09-Feb-18 13:51:18

I enjoyed the bits I watched and we love the speed skating, ice dance and the bob sleigh and skeleton not sure when they all start though.

BBbevan Fri 09-Feb-18 13:59:51

I might watch the figure skating and dance, but not much else.I have never been interested in watching sport. Borrows Auntieflos tin hat

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 21:21:53

Don’t apologise for not enjoying sport. We all have our own favourite viewing.

I don’t watch soaps.
I don’t watch game shows
I don’t watch reality shows

Let’s all do our own thing and be happy.

loopyloo Sat 10-Feb-18 15:12:00

Watching the ski jumping. How do these people do it ? Don't usually watch sport but this is fun.

Charleygirl Sat 10-Feb-18 15:27:11

I do watch sport but I agree it would be easier to have a sports channel and then I might find what I am looking for.

I love figure skating and most of the ski jumping and bob sleighing.

I am not a fan of rugby or cricket but like soop I love watching tennis.

When I was working I have been known to take annual leave to watch athletics but this was a long time ago- doping was not so much to the forefront.

Jayh Wed 14-Feb-18 10:37:04

Anyone watching the curling? GB have a chance of winning a medal in this sport and the men have got off to a good start in the round robin. ??
I am watching snowboarding men’s half pipe as I type. How do they do that?

ninathenana Wed 14-Feb-18 12:01:20

The only thing that interests me is the figure skating and ice dancing.
Sorry but I find curling zzzzzzzz
each to their own smile

Jayh Wed 14-Feb-18 13:00:52

Men sweeping! What’s not to like? ??????

Parsleywin Wed 14-Feb-18 14:30:39

I don't know if it's just me, or if the Beeb isn't as enthusiastic about these games as usual. All their effort appears to have gone into "styling", rather than substance.

The studio analysts, mostly former athletes themselves, have all had OTT makeovers. False eyelashes and stilettos abound. They look like they're dressed to make an evening sales presentation on a shopping channel! I preferred the informality of a few years back, Clare Balding in an anorak and joshing about choc digestives with the crew.

Teetime Wed 14-Feb-18 15:10:57

I have watched some because I thought I might enjoy it but Oh boy its so dull all I keep seeing is snowboarding - the tricks are skilful but so much of it all the same.