Gransnet forums

Sport

I can’t believe I’mgoing to watch it

(27 Posts)
minxie Sat 07-Jul-18 09:48:46

So, I have the house to myself today and I’m actually going to watch the England match without being coerced by him indoors (he’s out of the country)
I’m even going out early so I can get back in time
What’s occurring!!!!

Squiffy Sat 07-Jul-18 09:51:43

mincie You have to watch it - it’s the law ?? Hope you enjoy it!

Bathsheba Sat 07-Jul-18 09:56:21

Yep, me too very probably. And I hate football grin

kittylester Sat 07-Jul-18 10:02:30

Sadly, I've been brainwashed! Dh, DS x 2 and dd x2, their spouses and children. No escape. Only DD1 stands firm.

Squiffy Sat 07-Jul-18 10:58:30

Sorry, minxie, not mincie blush

Greyduster Sat 07-Jul-18 10:58:41

I will probably have half an eye on it! I’m not a football fan, but it is the national team. GS is here to keep DH company so they will be immersed in it I know, so I will have at least ninety minutes free of calls on my time!

travelsafar Sat 07-Jul-18 11:30:54

Me too!!! I watch both games yesterday and really got into the Belgium Brazil match.I have been out early and just recovering from the walk home, all so i can get everything done to sit and watch the game. I am loving it, who would have thought. Maybe its a case of can't beat 'em so join 'em!!!!! smile

annsixty Sat 07-Jul-18 11:42:31

I agree, we will be watching with a mixture of hope and trepidation.

Charleygirl Sat 07-Jul-18 11:46:03

I only watch football at this level every 4 years and to date I have hardly missed a match. Like annsixty I will also be watching with hope and trepidation and hopefully not with my eyes closed.

merlotgran Sat 07-Jul-18 11:54:00

We'll be watching. It's too hot to do anything more than just slump in front of the telly.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 07-Jul-18 12:37:10

Going to Sons for BBQ and football.

Hope he has invited the immediate neighbours, as all of AC will be there with wives, GC and in-laws.

They have a pool and no doubt the trampoline will be up, I think it will be 50-50 who makes the most noise, the men shouting at the football or the GC laughing (and probably screaming). As for us 'ladies'it will be lovely to catch up my Daughter in laws Mum and I get on really well, unfortunately I am designated driver, so will stick to the fizzy water (at least it has bubbles!!)

lilypollen Sat 07-Jul-18 12:48:05

I'm football mad like DS1 who will be here so we'll be on the fizz, DH will watch too and try to make out he knows all about the beautiful game! DS2 is birthday boy today and coming later with family for bbq. I've bought football strips for GD and GS, their first and a mini goal and football so can't wait to see them.

Oh yes and have to fit in qualifying for the British GP first (might record as it ends after kick off) so full on sportfest today.

minxie Sat 07-Jul-18 15:00:57

Here we go Ladies

kittylester Sat 07-Jul-18 15:27:36

And granddad!

ginny Sat 07-Jul-18 16:11:26

Enjoy your viewing everyone. Please don’t cheer or groan too loudly as I will be outside in the garden, reading a good book and sipping a ‘mock’ pimms.

PamelaJ1 Sat 07-Jul-18 16:16:09

??Ginny
I’m sitting in an air conditioned room in a pub near Letchworth with a G&T and watching tennis.
We , extended family, are here for mums 90th birthday dinner tonight.
I can hear the football fans outside enjoying it in the marquee. Just heard a huge roar so maybe we scored. Hope so.

PamelaJ1 Sat 07-Jul-18 16:17:48

Yes we did its 2-0 to us. Small cheer!

lemongrove Sat 07-Jul-18 16:21:47

Big cheer! ?????????????

MawBroon Sat 07-Jul-18 16:23:25

I have just flicked back to the tennis and I am seeing empty seats on Centre Court on a sunny Saturday?
Is that the football effect or the result of corporate hospitality where they are all inside drinking Bolly?

MawBroon Sat 07-Jul-18 16:54:54

All of a quiver! Emotional even!
Well done lads???⚽️?

Oopsadaisy53 Sat 07-Jul-18 16:57:20

I’m exhausted, but we won!

Auntieflo Sat 07-Jul-18 16:59:15

I have just watched the last little bit of the football. As the camera was panning around the spectators, there was a young mum, with a very small baby in arms. In this heat!!
Madness or what?

MawBroon Sat 07-Jul-18 17:02:56

Swedish fan I believe. There’s dedication or you.

kittylester Sat 07-Jul-18 17:35:07

The one I saw had ear defenders on though.

The baby in the pub garden at the end of our road didn't though and we've had to shut the windows!

MawBroon Sat 07-Jul-18 17:36:47

That’s the one kittylester