Gransnet forums

Sport

Tour de France

(6 Posts)
MawBroonsback Sun 28-Jul-19 19:02:07

Apart from Michael12 has anybody else been enjoying this like me?
I love seeing each stage as it passes through the beautiful French countryside but get particularly choked as they cycle into Paris in the final étape ????????

SpringyChicken Sun 28-Jul-19 21:04:09

I love the Tour De France, I watch as much of it as possible and have that catchy tune as my phone's ringtone. The tactics are fascinating, races within the race, unexpected upsets, crashes, fabulous scenery, interesting commentary.

notentirelyallhere Sun 28-Jul-19 22:56:47

Yes, I've been watching for years back to the days of Sean Kelly commenting! I love watching the French countryside and the crowds and characters who line the roads. Those cyclists are stunning athletes, it's a huge challenge to tackle the varying elements over three weeks. This year's tour has been fascinatingly wide open.

We were I France for the first week and the French news was full of hope for Alaphilippe and Pinot, they did so well. Bernal is so young and appears to be a modest young man, well done to him and to Geraint Thomas for nearly winning!

Marydoll Mon 29-Jul-19 07:46:19

I'm not a great fan of watching sport on television, however I have thorougly enjoyed the Tour de France.
The views have been absolutely stunning and as for the people watching, it's great to do it from the comfort of my sofa!

ninathenana Mon 29-Jul-19 09:12:01

Haven't watched even 5 mins of it and thinking about I haven't seen any news items either.

Callistemon Mon 29-Jul-19 09:36:56

And - if anyone is searching for a stereotypical Welshman, they need look no further than Geraint Thomas, last year's winner, second this year but gentlemanly and gracious in defeat!