Gransnet forums

Sport

Prince George

(62 Posts)
Crazygran Mon 12-Jul-21 23:42:09

Sorry if this has been said on a different thread but I have to say it .
I am Welsh and a Royalist .
Would have liked Wales to have won Euros but still supported England .
I was delighted to see Prince George there with his lovely parents . What a credit to the royal family .

Aepgirl Wed 14-Jul-21 13:18:19

It was so lovely when he and William had a massive hug when England scored.

Paperbackwriter Wed 14-Jul-21 14:32:47

Sheilasue

Pity William and George didn’t have the England T shirt on.

Who presented the trophy? I didn't watch that bit but if it was Prince William I don't think wearing the England shirt would have been appropriate.
I do hope George's sister will be taken to sports events too - she might have enjoyed this one.

Katek Wed 14-Jul-21 14:46:20

Last time I looked, William was a prince of Great Britain, not just England, so why should he have worn an England top? He can’t be seen to favour any one country. Hate these horrible, shiny, nylon looking tops for any country, none of my dgc own one.

My eldest dgs used to love dressing like his father when he was 3 or 4. He had the full outfit of shirt, tie, black trousers and even black shoes! We had to devise a small briefcase from an old music case for him as well. I’ve no doubt little Prince George is the same.

Elvis58 Wed 14-Jul-21 15:18:19

He looked like he was having a great time.The whole family is the future of our monachy and what a lovely family they are!

JaneJudge Wed 14-Jul-21 15:50:45

I thought he looked like Princess Diana smile

clareken Wed 14-Jul-21 17:04:12

It was a question of protocol. He has to dress smartly at an event where the national anthem will be played, as he is representing the Queen.

Pedwards Wed 14-Jul-21 18:39:20

Aww really? I remember my son going through a phase like that when he was younger. I did think they should have let him wear an England shirt, but I heard they were following dress code in the Royal box, notice BJ didn’t adhere though

Anniebach Wed 14-Jul-21 18:51:29

He should have done the same as Boris than his father and the
other males in the royal box ?

kjmpde Thu 15-Jul-21 01:55:08

Whilst it is nice to see a family together I hate football and think they should have been doing other things. I have tried to watch football over the years but find it so boring. I just hope he enjoyed watching as I would have found it to be torture!

LullyDully Thu 15-Jul-21 08:30:33

Well done it he managed to stay awake.

Grandma2002 Thu 15-Jul-21 08:37:41

England Manager Gareth Southgate is my hero and is possibly George's too, so following tailored smartness of Gareth would be the way to go.

Deedaa Thu 15-Jul-21 08:38:26

Well at least he didn't look like a complete idiot like Boris. Why does Carrie let him go out like that? Who wears a football shirt over a shirt and tie and then buttons a suit jacket over the top? He really is the embarrassing drunk uncle at the party.

Ellianne Thu 15-Jul-21 08:42:50

kjmpde

Whilst it is nice to see a family together I hate football and think they should have been doing other things. I have tried to watch football over the years but find it so boring. I just hope he enjoyed watching as I would have found it to be torture!

I'm not a huge football fan either, but does it matter what they do as long as they do it together as a family? The bond between them was clearly evident.
Our kids hated being dragged round foreign cathedrals and vineyards. To this day it is the family holiday joke, but we did it as a family unit and memories are precious.
Prince George had broken up from school by then, so he probably just viewed it as one of his summer holiday treats.

Namsnanny Thu 15-Jul-21 10:39:35

Pedwards was that Tom Cruise in the Rbox? I saw him next to Beckham, but I didn't realise they were in the RB.
Did they have a dingdong afterwards I wonder?

Yorki Thu 15-Jul-21 11:07:47

I think Prince George is a real cutie, always have.

mrsba Thu 15-Jul-21 21:45:13

William is president of the FA so he had a duty to be there

Nanatoone Thu 15-Jul-21 23:05:05

I really enjoyed the whole competition, used to like football but various bad press put us off. However, I totally loved the unity this competition engendered and was delighted to see this little family at Wembley. The whole thing has made England much more together than the horrible Brexit thing did. Hated the racism in football and it’s made me realise how times have changed as it’s so obvious that it’s not right. Love the team and Gareth and Willian and Kate. Nice to feel something good happened, even if we lost the final

Cymres1 Thu 15-Jul-21 23:32:08

He is a gorgeous little lad and looked very smart for a special occasion. I think the trolls who have criticised a 7 year old are sick, nasty people.

SooozedaFlooze Sat 17-Jul-21 14:13:49

His little face when they scored made my heart melt.

Anniebach Sat 17-Jul-21 14:40:33

How can people criticise a child , all he did was enjoy the football and wear a suit. His parents must be hurt.

FannyCornforth Sat 17-Jul-21 15:07:30

I would have liked to have seen Charlotte there, but then I am a wee bit obsessed with her

Anniebach Sat 17-Jul-21 17:22:10

Charlotte would have stuck her tongue out and been accused of
being racist.

Ellianne Sat 17-Jul-21 17:37:54

Personally I think these two always get it right at events. Cool dudes!

Callistemon Sat 17-Jul-21 17:39:46

FannyCornforth

I would have liked to have seen Charlotte there, but then I am a wee bit obsessed with her

Perhaps she doesn't like football!

Callistemon Sat 17-Jul-21 17:41:37

Ellianne

Personally I think these two always get it right at events. Cool dudes!

Are they yours, Ellianne?

Yes, cool dudes!