Was leaving Wimbledon this evening just as Arthur was in the tie break. What a cheer as he won. We were on Court 1, great day and thankfully sitting well out of the sun.
Getting back to the problem of telling the players apart - thank goodness Dimitrov had his baseball cap on back to front, which was the only way I could distinguish between the two of them!
Fery is fantastic isn’t he? He just never gives up. A wonderful attitude.
I’ve never liked Novak but I now have to acknowledge his brilliance. How can two people play to that level for 5 hours? I’m exhausted just watching it.
The Djokovic match, 5.15 hrs was fantastic. He is incredible, at 39 he stood up,to the young Canadian in the boiling sun. What stamina he has, it was a really enjoyable match.
Both the men's matches will be at similar times! The two ladies games are being played first, one starting at 1pm and the other 1.30pm. Who planned that?
So now who to watch, Fery/Cobolli or Fritz/Zverev? Should both be good games.
Djokovic is undoubtedly an incredible athlete but I can’t help but find his huge ego and haughty manner obnoxious. Also his ‘tactics’. Medical time out for his foot then continues to prance about the court like a gazelle for several hours. I was so disappointed Felix didn’t get the win.☹️
I just can't stand to watch him Bellasnana, yes he's brilliant but his arrogance is second to none and when in a difficult match, he always takes a medical time out.
Bellasnana I totally agree with what you say about Djokovic. Also I tend to favour players according to their personalities and gamesmanship rather than their nationality and so was upset when Dimitrov lost.
Just sat down for my tennis afternoon and my match of choice is Jasmine Paolini v Kostyuk (marta ?) Paolini is just a delight to watch.
Re some of the current behaviours, I think some players use ‘comfort breaks’ very tactically. . Of course. Also I’m not in favour of players being able to get coaches advice during a match. Surely, as a player at that level, they should be able to decide for themselves to how to play the match.
I am also no fan of Djokovic and his losing to the crowd I was so wanting his opponent to win last night. Not to be but he has a tough game against Sinner next.
Currently one eye watching Paolini whilst doing paperwork. I like her but not to be.