Thanks to one and all for their advice. (Tiffypiro, love the job your glasses did, tee hee!) I am trying the Ebay - or, actually, Preloved, which is a brilliant site - route, but so far everything's been too big. I shall persevere and also poke around the wedding shops too to see if they're selling off this year's stuff. By the way, where on earth have all the hire shops gone?! There used to be loads of places where you could hire any kind of dress: wedding, evening, MOB outfits, smart work gear for an interview or something. Where have they all gone? That's what I'd really like to do; hire something that would be great for the wedding, but which I would wear never again and therefore don't really want to buy. Anyway, I'm sure it'll turn out OK in the end.
Now .... I'm going over to the HRT forum, because my doctor's threatening to take me off it..... grrrgh!
PS I am deferring to my daughter's wishes in terms of colour for my MOB outfit and I'm sure we will buy/hire/borrow/steal it together!