I wear the full works when I leave the house, but not a scrap indoors. I have long thick curly hair, for shopping and things I can just twist it up into a chignon and it stays there. I know I am lucky with my hair, but I do find it hard to keep makeup on. I always seem to be scratching or rubbing my face without realising that I am doing it, and I never bother to look in the mirror while I am out so do sometimes leave the house looking good (in my opinion!) and return looking as if I have been at the Harrod's sale.
I enjoy getting ready before a big night out though. I find it calming before having to greet strangers. I feel quite sad that it takes longer and more makeup each time to produce slightly inferior results as the years pass, but I just do the best I can and don't worry about it too much. As for elegant - lack of fussy bits and pieces provides that. Long clean lines in neutral colours are best. I am rarely elegant, as I do not possess a single long clean line in my body. I want a long neck. It's almost worth wearing those copper necklaces for, like those African women do to elongate their necks. Then I could wear long dangly earrings when I wear my hair up, without worrying that they will catch in my clothes.
New grandchild & feeling guilty
Electric egg maker for poached eggs - convince me?
Major incident declared this morning near RAF Fairford with home evacuated.


. I saw something the other day on the shopping channel for something that you spray on to cover grey roots; it looked very impressive.
