Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Bags under eyes

(11 Posts)
numberplease Thu 12-Jun-14 17:38:54

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere ladies, but can`t find anything. I`ve had bags under my eyes for years now, didn`t try to do anything about the problem, but now they`re not bags anymore, they`ve become flippin` great suitcases! I wondered if there are any tried and tested methods of combatting this that actually work? When I look in the mirror I cringe, they make me look so OLD and grumpy!

kittylester Thu 12-Jun-14 18:09:31

Piles cream is supposed to work but I don't suppose any of us use that! It seems wrong somehow anyway!

Riverwalk Thu 12-Jun-14 18:12:51

Sorry number but I think that surgery is the only remedy.

Dragonfly1 Thu 12-Jun-14 18:28:49

I've tried the piles cream thing. Didn't really work. Wasn't much better for piles either. sad

rosesarered Thu 12-Jun-14 18:57:59

I sympathise, as I have always had bags under the eyes [even as a young woman]. I use a tiny amount of Touche Eclat[radiant touch] by YSL which helps the dark circles and also the whole bags thing. A good cheaper alternative I have found, is Garnier roll on anti-dark circles.This all depends on how bad the bags are of course.Although mine are certainly there [bags under the bags some days] they are not needing surgery.All part of the wonderful world of aging huh?

seasider Thu 12-Jun-14 20:55:04

Touche Eclat won't cure them but makes them look less dark. Does anyone still use cucumber slices?

Ana Thu 12-Jun-14 21:20:18

Boots No.7 Lift and Luminate eye cream is good. I'd never have bought it but was given a free one when I bought a No.7 mascara and I'm really impressed!

I've tried various creams and gels over the years - I don't have dark circles, fortunately, but my eye bags are hereditary.

merlotgran Thu 12-Jun-14 21:26:53

Piles cream is good for crinkles at the sides of your eyes and the bit between your eyes. Just don't forget to wipe it off before going out because it doesn't sink in like moisturiser.

suebailey1 Fri 13-Jun-14 08:33:20

Clarins Instant Smooth is a primer ( like morticians wax my friend says) that creates a smooth layer over the crows feet so that make up goes on smoothly and doesn't sit in the crinkles _ its wonderful. the I use Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener which disguises darkness and reflects light. At night having tried all the eye creams (apart from the super expensive ones) I use Vaseline - stops the eye area drying out and getting crinkly.

FlicketyB Fri 13-Jun-14 23:15:36

I do an exercise where you look straight ahead into a mirror and gently use the muscles under the eye to lift the lower eye lid upwards as if shutting yours eyes with your lower eyelid rather than the upper.

I do it four or five times each morning. It only takes a minute or two, but it seems to work.

jeanie99 Tue 17-Jun-14 21:55:56

I don't have bags but under my eyes are dark, but I wear specs so to some degree it covers it up.

I did read somewhere that putting cream under the eyes can make it worse and I have to admit when I have tried to reduce the darkness it never looked any better so stopped using creams.

I just use a moisturiser or a tinted coloured moisturiser, I have found the colour of my skin is very different now to what it once was.