Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Can you have a lift

(20 Posts)
jeanie99 Tue 17-Jun-14 21:43:52

....on wrinkly arms, I could do with a couple of inches taken off.

Oh to have lovely arms again, what would I give, I didn't appreciate them when I had them.(smile)

Kiora Tue 17-Jun-14 21:58:59

I'd like a lift on my boobs, my neck, my belly, my chin and my jowls. The jowls are new I don't know where they came from. They just appeared. I look at old photos and think oh look at my lovely arms but same here I didn't appreciate it either. I try not to care too much. Life's too short

jeanie99 Tue 17-Jun-14 22:06:22

I never thought at 30 I'd be old one day, it's so far in the future you just don't think about it.
Tops of my legs aren't too good either and of course then there's the scraggy neck.

janerowena Wed 18-Jun-14 15:08:34

Yes, you can, they take it from under the arm. It can leave scars but they don't show as much underneath. My mother went into long sleeves at my age and never came out, but I get too hot. I have some very thin crocheted-type long-sleeved tops instead.

Kiora Wed 18-Jun-14 17:38:45

Yes my neck is getting scraggy too. I know I should cover up and I try but in the summer on very hot days off comes the cardi avert your eyes. I can't turn the clock back. The government decrees I have to stay in the workplace until after 60. So what can you do?

janerowena Wed 18-Jun-14 22:11:09

I have considered pinking shears, a staplegun and a bottle of vodka.

Ana Wed 18-Jun-14 22:13:28

Vodka first, janerowena! grin

goldengirl Thu 19-Jun-14 17:09:52

I think exercise helps - as well as the odd glass smile - my arms have tightened up since doing reformer Pilates though I doubt whether my bats wings will totally disappear. As for the neck my Mum used to hit under her chin with the back of her hand several times before she went to bed - she certainly didn't have a droopy chin so perhaps it worked! I couldn't imagine having surgery - too scared of it going wrong!

whitewave Thu 19-Jun-14 17:14:57

What I need is to make a cut on the top of my head and then heave like mad, and sew it up after cutting off the excess.

kittylester Thu 19-Jun-14 17:17:41

My neck is still quite good for my age...........the rest of my, however, could be pulled up and stapled to the top of my head - that way you'd probably not notice that my hair is fast disappearing. sad

Actually, my droopy eye lids/brows are the bit I would have done if I dared.

Kiora Thu 19-Jun-14 17:27:30

Your right, perhaps I could improve things slightly..but it's such hard work for such a small gain. I'm so wiped out with work, household duties and beloved energetic grandchildren I doubt I will. I remember a few years ago slimming for my sons wedding. I'd never been on a diet before. At the time I looked after my grandson 3 days a weeksmile I used to say no I can't darling I'm on a diet. After a few weeks he asked "nanna why are you on a diet" I told him " when you grow up and show your children the wedding photographs I don't want them to say who's that fat lady?" He got very upset and cried and told me he'd smack them. Finishing with. I will never let anyone say anything horrible about you, your the best nanna in the world" when I said "oh thank you" he looked at me lovingly and said " but nanna you are" Love is blind. passme_the_chocolatewink

KatyK Thu 19-Jun-14 19:08:32

Kiora smile that's lovely. My granddaughter, who is 14, said to me a few months ago 'nan you are the nicest person I know'. Better not tell her mum !

Agus Thu 19-Jun-14 21:36:06

Well, all my bits are scraggy now but when I see the blatent display of muffin tops and beer bellies parading around I just think, why the hell should I cover my arms up? At least at 64 I don't look like this through choice. wink

janerowena Thu 19-Jun-14 21:45:49

That's true. I spend ages getting myself dressed up just to get to the shops sometimes, then see a muffin top with bingo wings walk past in a skimpy spaghetti strap top and really wonder why I worry.

Kiora Thu 19-Jun-14 21:48:23

True Angus true. I will make that my mantra from now on. I'm a granny for heavens sake who would bother looking.

Ana Thu 19-Jun-14 21:53:17

I don't exactly worry, but I don't actually want to go out showing the bits of me I don't like seeing in the mirror. Everyone else can let it all hang out if they wish - I don't see anything wrong in looking as good as you can!

Agus Thu 19-Jun-14 22:04:03

I wouldn't dream of letting it 'all hang out' Ana. All I am doing is showing my arms and I take care to always look as good as I can. I am 64 with wrinkly upper arms only offensive to people who can't accept that this is how a woman of my age looks.

Ana Thu 19-Jun-14 22:15:23

I don't care whether other people find my upper arms offensive either, Agus, but if I don't want to display them (or any other parts of me I don't like!) I'll keep them covered up. That's all I'm saying...hmm

Agus Thu 19-Jun-14 22:23:08

I understand what you are saying now Ana, your way of looking as good as you can and that is your choice as it should be.

janerowena Sat 21-Jun-14 10:56:31

That is very true. Otherwise we would all be asking why we can't wear hijabs, too!