Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Fit Flops

(13 Posts)
mrsmopp Thu 17-Jul-14 18:17:55

I can't wear the ones with the toe post as I find them uncomfortable. I've just seen some lovely cream colour ones with platform type soles and straps that fasten with Velcro. They look great but they are £70!!
Are they worth it???

chloe1984 Thu 17-Jul-14 18:30:02

I agree I find the toe post fit flops really uncomfortable have thought of buying the other style then was browsing in Matalan and bought a pair of lookalike fit flops for around £10 and they are sooo comfortable am unlikely to take them off until Novembergrin

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 17-Jul-14 18:53:01

They have changed Fitflops. They are nothing like as comfortable now. They have made them more fashion-ish looking, to the detriment of comfort.

I have sent for a very slightly used pair of the old kind from e-bay. I am only talking lace-ups here though. I don't really know about the sandal type ones. My sandals are Hotter.

They do have quite a few Fitflops on ebay. They do last for ages.

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 17-Jul-14 19:18:25

I would love these but they haven't got them in my size - thank goodness.

jamsidedown Thu 17-Jul-14 19:29:07

Hello, been lurking for a while but never posted. I just wanted to say that you can buy a gel pad that fits around the toe post and makes it much comfier until your skin has got used to the post. I think Dr Scholls or possibly Boots do them, and they work a treat.

hildajenniJ Thu 17-Jul-14 19:39:16

I just can't get away with toe posts, no matter how hard I try. At the moment I'm in love with my Betula birkenstock flat sandals. I got them in the orange swirly colour. As you all may have gathered, I'm not a dedicated follower of fashion. I like comfortblush

Nonu Thu 17-Jul-14 19:42:53

JAM nice to hear from you, don"t be shy, just get stuck in !

Lots of friendly people here, not everyone agrees with each other but that is how life goes, all works out in the end !!

smile

Tegan Thu 17-Jul-14 19:57:13

It's worth knowing about the gel pad; I've got gel pads for most areas of my feet [might as well find one that covers the whole foot, perhaps] but didn't know about those. I, too have never been able to wear sandals with toe posts, but I have got a couple of pairs that I could dig out and try. Thanks jam [I even have a little box that once held rose scented soap for my little gel collection].

jinglbellsfrocks Thu 17-Jul-14 20:05:03

these look nice and are a bit cheaper.

TerriBull Thu 17-Jul-14 20:11:44

I'm another who doesn't like toe dividers. I'd never heard of Fitflops until I bought a navy pair in John Lewis a couple of months ago. They are very comfortable and can walk for miles in them without trouble. Had a friend down from Scotland who has just gone back. We traipsed all around London for three or four days visiting major museums and various other sites, a lot of walking was involved. The base of Birkenstocks looks very hard and uncomfortable compared to Fitflops.

TerriBull Thu 17-Jul-14 20:16:43

Mine are the same as Jingle's "I would love these", possibly a bit expensive, but depends how often you intend to wear them, I'm wearing mine a lot.

Marelli Thu 17-Jul-14 21:06:55

Chloe, I've bought some of the Matalan ones as well. They really are comfortable (and are quite pretty with a sort of flower thingy on the front)? Mine were £12, but the last pair in my size had a little mark on the side so I got a reduction of 10%. It rubbed off no problem!

chloe1984 Thu 17-Jul-14 21:47:02

Mine are black with very small sequinny things wish I had bought at least two more pairs now. Excellent to get a reduction well done you.