I'm on my third M&S watch. I dropped the first one on the tiled floor of a Spanish hotel bathroom and the 'glass' cracked. The bracelet on the second has seen better days, so last weekend i bought an unassuming, small square one with a leather strap and am well pleased with it. The M&S selection is good but perhaps not if you are looking for a slim watch.
I meant to also say that I bought a cream 'summer'watch from m&s for £15 (I think) and I think that might be the way forward except when I wear my 'best' gold watch! I quite fancy a choice of trendy watches for every day wear. My m&s one had a three year guarantee!
I have an Armani that I have had for years - very plain chrome finish oblong face goes with everything but I usually wear silver jewellery never gold doesn't suit me.
Have you had a look at Amazon NanKate ? They seem to do some good watches at very reduced prices in some cases. Only disadvantage of course is not being able to try on before you buy.
Thanks Kitty. My DH also has a Skagen he likes it for its slimness and lightness, however it has dropped off once so make sure yours are firmly done up.
When we are away for a few days hols I will take the time to go watch hunting.
DH and I both have Skagan watches and I gave been quite happy with mine but DH has had problem after problem with the strap on his and it was deemed to have been 'wear and tear' even though it was only about two months in. Even John Lewis couldn't get them to replace it under guarantee. I think it cost £30 to get it replaced as it could only be done by the manufacturer!
Himself has offered to buy me a new watch. I want something slim and modern. I fancy the Skagen watches but they are a bit pricey. The Olivia Burton ones are fun but not quite the colours I like.
So can any of you recommend a watch you are pleased with?