Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Cleansing, soap and water, nothing.

(47 Posts)
NanKate Sat 28-Feb-15 21:33:33

All my life I have gone through my nighttime routine of removing mascara etc. with eye makeup remover pads, then a good clean with a cleansing wipe, and then sometimes a liquid cleanser on a pad followed by a moisturiser and lip balm.

How do you prepare your face for bed ?

grannyactivist Sat 28-Feb-15 21:35:47

I lay it on my pillow. Sideways. grin

NanKate Sat 28-Feb-15 21:39:29

You little devil Grannya hmm

annodomini Sat 28-Feb-15 22:50:33

It doesn't seem to make much difference what I do! I'm more likely to prepare my feet.

annsixty Sat 28-Feb-15 22:58:42

Very rarely have I had any make up on to take off. A quick teeth clean and an equally quick face wash and I'm done.

Ana Sat 28-Feb-15 22:59:45

I use Boots cucumber cleansing lotion. I squirt a bit on my fingers and smooth it over my eye area to remove mascara etc., wiping it off with a facial tissue, then another squirt does the rest of my face.

Then I pat on eye cream and moisturiser.

Takes about 3 minutes and I can't remember a time when I've ever missed out on that routine, having always been a regular makeup user.

Anya Sat 28-Feb-15 23:18:52

Baby wipes and a quick dollop of moisturiser, always.

On the rare occasion I use eye make up, then a cotton pad dipped in warm water.

Then I clean and floss my teeth (if you count them part of my face)

Marelli Sat 28-Feb-15 23:27:48

Wash it with Epaderm ointment (on prescription). I don't use foundation anyway, but just a bit of mascara and kohl liner. Then Diprobase cream slathered over it.

janerowena Sat 28-Feb-15 23:59:14

I wipe it all off with almond oil on a tissue.

ninathenana Sun 01-Mar-15 00:15:42

Quick once over with a cleansing wipe.

loopylou Sun 01-Mar-15 07:16:40

I use cleansing oil, face wash and then moisturiser. I recommend the oil (Bodyshop Camomile) it's brilliant for dry skin and shifts all makeup too (when I wear it).

kittylester Sun 01-Mar-15 07:29:26

I'm with GA on this one! There is never any makeup left by bedtime so I just clean my teeth. I realise that I should clean off the grime accumulated over the day but I have never done anything!

Apparently, something like 60% of women do nothing either. Too tired obviously!

PRINTMISS Sun 01-Mar-15 08:22:29

Quick wipe with the flannel and towel, brush the teeth. Been the same routine for years.

ffinnochio Sun 01-Mar-15 08:28:22

Clean teeth, brush hair, apply lipsalve. Takes two-tics.

TerriBull Sun 01-Mar-15 09:02:15

I use a cream cleanser on my face, I don't wear foundation on my skin. I occasionally use a grainy exfoliater, I feel I could do with that at the moment. I clean my eye make up off with cucumber wipes from Boots they seem to do the job very well, I make sure every last scrap is gone because we have white bed linen and I hate black mascara marks on the pillow cases, if that happens I swap the offending pillow over to my husband's side with the comment "you need to do a better job removing your eye make-up"grin

TerriBull Sun 01-Mar-15 09:03:14

Forgot to say clean my teeth and slap on some night cream.

henetha Sun 01-Mar-15 10:36:25

I use facial wet wipes night and morning, then apply moisturiser.

Mishap Sun 01-Mar-15 10:43:25

Clean teeth, lie down, go to sleep.

Lona Sun 01-Mar-15 13:38:09

Face wipes, then sometimes eye cream, and Vaseline on my lips.
In the morning I wash with an exfoliating cloth and Superdrug facewash, then apply Cyclax vitamin E cream which is 99p from the pound shop and I can highly recommend it!

rubysong Sun 01-Mar-15 14:06:36

Make up remover followed by flannel and hot water. Night cream from Lidl. Brush teeth, lip salve, brush hair, bed.

Mishap Sun 01-Mar-15 14:08:11

After all these beauty routines I guess everyone is so tired they drop right off to sleep!

loopylou Sun 01-Mar-15 14:10:04

Mine only takes a couple of minutes, honestly! smile

rosequartz Sun 01-Mar-15 15:38:00

Whatever I feel like.
Cleanse with cottonwool pads and Clarins makeup remover, or Boots cleanser.
Sometimes cleansing wipes.
Don't always moisturise after the above.
Sometimes soap and water (always followed by moisturiser).
Sometimes I have a bath at night, so face gets a steam clean as well!

Teetime Sun 01-Mar-15 16:10:04

I used to use Liz Earle but when it was taken over by Avon I went off it. I use Boots Protect and Perfect cream cleanser which uses the same method of massage in and wipe off with muslin cloth dipped in hot water(I buy Liz Earle cloths as they are finer than the Boots one which feels like a Brillo). the Protect and perfect moisturiser - I would like t use Clarins but cant justify the price of their moisturiser £50+). I get lots of compliments about my clear skin. Its a little dry at this time of year so I will buy some face oil this week.

Eloethan Sun 01-Mar-15 16:40:21

Thanks for that info Teetime - I didn't know Liz Earle had been taken over by Avon.

I use Dove exfoliating soap, hot water and a flannel, followed by splashing face/neck with lots of cold water and then moisturiser - I've found Superdrug's own moisturisers to be reasonably priced and effective.

I use face/eye cleansing pads for sensitive skin - any brand - to remove mascara and eye make-up.