I hate VPL. It's obviously not so much of a problem in winter with thicker fabrics and long jumpers etc but in the summer with thinner lighter materials it's a nightmare especially when wearing trousers. Any suggestions? I can't be doing with a thong and I went to M&S and bought their no VPL pants but they are as bad as the normal ones!!
This may seem like an odd request on this page, but as we are all talking Knickers, can anyone please tell me where I can buy some French Knickers? Nothing kinky, just some pretty cotton ones that I think would be more comfortable in the heat. I really would appreciate any information. Please,can anyone help?? xx
How heartening ladies, I had begun to think that thongs should be relegated now I am over 60 but maybe not! Commando is good, just try to avoid clothing that have the potential for a Marilyn Monroe moment
I'm also surprised (not shocked, just surprised) that so many Grans are walking about knickerless. As gillybob says, doesn't it hurt? On the plus side, I guess, if you were run over by a bus, the last thing you'd be worried about would be the nurses and doctors seeing your bum!
Life's too short to worry about VPL. Have a reality check - go commando, wear thing, go butt naked, just don't worry about it. Just getting through each day takes enough effort I find!
I'm amazed that some women can go commando! I have always had somewhat of a discharge - quite a healthy one really, well lubricated I suppose ☺️, so I would have to wear skirts or trousers only once. Couldn't be doing with all that washing. I thought I was normal. Am I unusual I wonder?
I find that full knickers in an adequate size, and clothing also of adequate size seems to prevent the problem of VPL and the 4-buttock syndrome I have noticed that some ladies carrying a few extra pounds tend to think that squeezing into a smaller size will make them look slimmer. It doesn't - I know 'cos I tried!
I go commando almost all the time! Knickers of any sort are really uncomfortable. I do wear them if my clothes are in any way transparent, for obvious reasons! Even our DS's wedding was a 'commando' day for me, but my dress was floor length, so I was safe from risk of embarassment! It's far healthier to let the air circulate, and a lot cooler in hot weather!
A famous model - who I can't recall - said to always wear a size larger to prevent VPL. I'm with Bridget Jones - big knickers - not only comfy but cannot see any VPL. Good old M&S do all types of knickers in a fabric that doesn't cling and doesn't have VPL
i've gone commando now for nearly 20 years now. got a couple of scars in my groin area [where my leg meets my body if you see what i mean] which means the knicker elastic rubs. can't wear thongs and hate big knickers [elastic still rubs]. but i generally only wear trousers anyway. i'll wear a pair of panties when i visit the doctor or a hospital and maybe under a skirt [which isn't very often] but i wear long dresses around the house so nobody's bothered.
A lot of you sound very slim unfortunately I'm not I wear seamless pants the cut off tights is good if your thighs get sweaty and rub together when wearing long dresses and want bare feet . I'm not keen on thongs find them very uncomfortable gaenocologist s don't like them think they found women were having more infections when these were very popular .
Interesting that vpl is of concern at all here, (though not one I am worried about). Over the years when abroad on holiday (europe) notice this doesnt seem an issue at all, because the 'lines' under clothing are obvious for all to see. Wondering where this came from.
Just to say the trousers are not tight - so if I am just standing you wouldn't notice anything - but when I walk the fabric clings more if that makes sense.
My view is that VPL is a visible sign of respectability!
Having said that, M & S kids' 'seam free, sporty, high leg' briefs do the trick. The 9-10 year ones are about the equivalent of a size eight and they do bigger sizes.
I've invested in some BIG knickers to wear under t shirty maxi dresses. I hate seeing any form of knicker line or lumps and bumps. I got ones which are flesh coloured and look like cycling shorts. They give a lovely smooth appearance and also help hold the dreaded cellulite in place!!
I wear tights under trousers, so no VPL, never occurred to me to wear knickers or pants or whatever you wish to call them. If you want bare feet for sandals, cut old tights off at the knee. I do sometimes wear a thong but they're rather uncomfortable.