Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

The welsh outfit

(34 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Fri 19-Jan-18 09:58:10

Well what do you all think of Meghans latest look? I loved what she wore, chic and stylish, definitely a cool vibe, as opposed to coat and dress combo other royals may possibly have worn. I will have to try the odd earrings thingy myself!grin

Anniebach Fri 19-Jan-18 10:02:53

Wish she would get out of black

Anniebach Fri 19-Jan-18 10:04:12

When I read the thread title I thought someone had sported the shawl, apron and tall black hat ?

seacliff Fri 19-Jan-18 10:04:49

I've got loads of odd earrings, where I lost one. Shame I can't wear them anyway now, as the hole in my earlobe has closed over.

I already wear odd socks sometimes ...what a rebel grin

Alima Fri 19-Jan-18 11:30:13

I didn’t notice Meghan outfit at all. Was too shocked at seeing how much of his gorgeous red hair Harry Is loosing!

MawBroon Fri 19-Jan-18 11:35:32

I agree about the black - but she looks good in it.
From the thread title I too wondered about shawls and a high hat or alternatively some scathing reference to the Welsh Assembly blush

glammanana Fri 19-Jan-18 11:48:24

I think looks good in everything she wears she knows what
suits her.
I was more surprised at the amount of hairloss shown in media today from Prince William both boys seem to have the same problem which is a surprise when their mum had such a good head of hair.

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 19-Jan-18 12:39:15

I love her boots and the bag. Very neat.

Did think she was looking a bit thin and I wonder if she's losing weight with the strain of getting used to her new life.

She's going to be a beautiful bride.

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 19-Jan-18 12:42:02

Not sure about William's hair cut though. It is a bold move and makes him look older, perhaps he wanted a more serious look. On the fence.

merlotgran Fri 19-Jan-18 13:06:44

I do hope she is able to keep to her own style of fashion and not follow the frumpy Royal look.

She looks great in black.

Anniebach Fri 19-Jan-18 13:15:18

The royals choose light colours so the crowds can see them , I don't think colour is frumpy, nature isn't

merlotgran Fri 19-Jan-18 13:23:43

I said, style, Anniebach. I hope she keeps her own style

I didn't mention colour being frumpy.

WilmaKnickersfit Fri 19-Jan-18 13:41:22

I agree merlot, she's got great style and is trying out UK brands now. I know there will be times when there will be protocols to follow, but I hope she doesn't turn into a Royal clone. You could swap heads on some of the photos of several Royals because the outfits are the same uniform. It has crossed my mind she might have more control over what she wears if she's buying it with her own money.

Cherrytree59 Fri 19-Jan-18 14:00:42

Hi yep I thought lovely Welsh lady in a tall hatgrin

No I don't think Meghan should change her style nowt to do with the fact that it my
preferred style

She dresses in what she is comfortable with.
Its obvious that she isn't a pastel colour girl.
And I maybe wide off the mark but I cant envisage Meghan in a pink or yellow hat with flowers or bows.
Its winter after all.
Perhaps she will use more colour in the spring.

The crowds Seem to love her so why change?

Just hope she sticks to her guns up against the Royal protocol/ media machinehmm.

sarahellenwhitney Sat 20-Jan-18 10:09:48

She does have great taste in clothes.
Shame about the hair.
It was an informal, if windy visit, but having to constantly brush your hair from your face must have been very irritating.

Anniebach Sat 20-Jan-18 10:19:22

Watching her brushing the hair from her face was irritating

Hm999 Sat 20-Jan-18 10:34:50

Love her look

knspol Sat 20-Jan-18 11:31:01

I think she looks lovely, dresses very well and has a beautiful smile, I wish them both well.

NannyMargaret48 Sat 20-Jan-18 11:35:02

These days I hold my breath when there is a post about the Royal Family. It so often turns into vitriolic insults. So thank you GN. This is a lovely balanced thread. I think Meghan is doing a great job.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 20-Jan-18 15:14:52

Meghan looks very chic. It's a shame about Wills and Harry losing their hair, though. Isn't it supposed to be what you inherit from your maternal grandfather? So if Diana's father lost his hair that's what they also have to look forward to, or dread.

BBbevan Sat 20-Jan-18 15:43:04

Me too Anniebach Getting ready for St. David's Day!

Yve1 Sat 20-Jan-18 16:22:23

That's how I took it too Anniebach. Gave me a bit of a giggle!

Neilspurgeon0 Sat 20-Jan-18 17:14:27

Yeah me too Anniebach - I thought of old Jemima Nicholas at the Battle of Fishguard

suzied Sat 20-Jan-18 17:17:08

I like Meghan’s style. I like that she spent time chatting to people and touching and hugging. Probably not protocol, but who cares. She’s very stylish which is why we are discussing her outfits and not Harry’s.

endre123 Sat 20-Jan-18 18:41:10

The famous tress over the face will become the height of fashion now, it's probably better than a big fringe over the eyes. I thought Meghan looked wonderful, a freshness which should be welcomed into the Royal family. She is a superb actress so the dramas should be real! When Prince Charles becomes King Prince Harry will become Prince of Wales and Meghan Princess of Wales, lovely to see them having such a nice welcome in Cardiff