Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eyelash alert ! Anybody used serums?

(88 Posts)
Lostmyglassesxx Mon 05-Mar-18 13:31:43

anybody used serims for eyelash growth.. mine are getting shorter and sparser .
Looking at branded options Rapid lash NYi etc and also reading about castor oil I want genuine reviews I can trust which I know I will find here as opposed to product endorsements elsewhere.! Also I am sure older eyelashes will react differently to younger ones as the hair growing cycle is different post menopause ...

Teddy123 Sat 20-Oct-18 09:45:50

Jellybean ? me too! I'm rushing out to buy Revitalash!

Welshwife Sat 20-Oct-18 09:51:21

I am not sure but a few months I think. My optician friend tells me it doesn’t happen for everyone. It has worked great for reducing my eye pressure as well - down from 27 to 14/16.

basslady Sat 20-Oct-18 09:54:10

Tips for sore Nips ???? Cesarian tips?

DD had DGD on Monday night ( yay!) tough time and emergency Section
( boo ) but thankfully coping well despite pain in wound lifting baby etc.

Anyhoo DD has awfully sore nipples (breast feeding) so any Granny tips for fast nipple healing or relief...

Also any Cesarian tips ( I have no experience )

Thanks in Advance oh Wise Ones xxx

Barmeyoldbat Sat 20-Oct-18 09:59:54

My eyelashes are ok at the moment but its my eyebrows they have become so sparse so I am plucking up the courage to have them tinted.

Mumsyface Sat 20-Oct-18 10:18:32

Visit the optician and check whether you have blepharitis (please excuse possible spelling errors).
An apparently painless condition caused, I am told, by bacteria in the tear ducts which cam cause eyelashes to drop out. Treatable with bicarbonate of soda or Johnson’s baby shampoo. Leaflets available in Specsavers.

Chewbacca Sat 20-Oct-18 10:28:46

Not only are my eyelashes thin and sparse but now I've got a large space on my lower right eyelid where they disappeared completely. I don't necessarily want long lashes, but I'd definitely be interested in trying anything that would help regrowth. Do any of the products mentioned on here help with that?

jessycake Sat 20-Oct-18 10:30:36

I have an underachieve thyroid and mine are sparce along with my eyebrows

Fellowfeeling8 Sat 20-Oct-18 10:33:14

Eyelashes now so sparse I have given up mascara. I put dark brown eyeshadow using it as eyeliner. Being a child of the swinging sixties also like a darker crease line, again dark brown, then blended carefully so more subtle. I do wear specs which highlight the eyes a bit. Thank goodness head hair is not thinning so far.

Gma29 Sat 20-Oct-18 11:02:08

I have prescription eye drops which make the lashes thicker and much longer. Unfortunately, they often curl in on themselves as they grow, which irritates the eye, so I end up pulling them out! Not such a bonus, as I end up with gaps.

Craftycat Sat 20-Oct-18 11:07:33

I use They're Real mascara which does make my lashes thicker & longer. It does help to use eyeliner as that makes your lashes look thicker too.
I have just had my eyebrows micro planed (sort of tattoo) It should last about 3-4 years. It is still a work in progress as they looked amazing when first done but then the skin grows over them & they fade. About 4 weeks later the dye comes through again & you get the full effect. They have just started to show properly again but full effect will be another couple of weeks, So far I am very pleased with result. 2 friends of mine had them done some time ago & they look great!

Whiterrosie Sat 20-Oct-18 11:08:51

My husband uses eyedrops for a diabetes eye related condition he has....he has beautiful thick lashes, I am soooo envious of them....and yes this ingredient is used in the more expensive eye lash cosmetics.

MaggieMay69 Sat 20-Oct-18 11:30:08

Lol Jellybean Jean, mine too! I noticed in my late 30's that my once beautiful eyelashes were sparse and disappearing, so I started using a serum, but I can't find it! I will post later but its wonderful! I use it on my very very light brows and eyelashes and after about 3 months they looked as they did when I was younger! Its fab, and I have really sensitive eyes and skin so was very wary, but even when I have missed and put it in me eye I've had no pain. :-)

LilyBlue Sat 20-Oct-18 11:33:31

I’ve used Revitalash in the past.
I KNOW it worked for me.
The eyelashes on my right eye were very short and sparse compared to my left eye. I was using glaucoma eye drops in my left eye only.
I used Revitalash on my right eyelashes for a couple of months and they grew to be longer than the left. I had to stop using it for a while. Then restarted again when I needed to.
I now have to use the drops in both eyes so I don’t need to use anything at the moment.

mabon1 Sat 20-Oct-18 12:48:42

I disagree with the woman who says having eyelashes dyed is wonderful. I had mine dyed once, it was a total waste if money. Back to Maybelline brown/black waterproof mascara (other mascaras are available).

Funnygran Sat 20-Oct-18 12:59:37

As well as my eyelashes becoming sparse, my eyebrows are also very thin. My hairdresser friend said it’s because I pluck them but I haven’t done that since I was in my 30’s. I dye what’s left and it does make a difference. I suppose a serum might work on brows as well as lashes?

janeainsworth Sat 20-Oct-18 13:01:42

basslady you need to start a separate thread for advice about your DD, or better still ask on Mumsnet where they will have more recent experience.

I’ve found castor oil helpful for eyebrows which thinned because if under active thyroid.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 20-Oct-18 13:03:12

I have always used Cllinque mascara due to allergies, and have not noticed any difference in my eyelashes post menopause, although my hair has thinned considerably.

Any suggestions on how to promote hair growth again or at least stop it thinning?

Pudding123 Sat 20-Oct-18 13:40:29

I use revisions from QVC it is quite expensive but it does work and boosts your confidence but as grandtanteJe65 asks i also could do with help with thinning hair at the front especially ..thanks

Pudding123 Sat 20-Oct-18 13:41:13

Sorry should have said revitalash

patpat1 Sat 20-Oct-18 14:25:19

My eyelashes and eyebrows have disappeared completely, I have no idea why! Anyone got any suggestions?

Juliepuk Sat 20-Oct-18 14:41:17

My lashes have gone so thin that I can't use my lash curler anymore as they just chop off my lashes. Used revitalash for years and it works but you need to give it time. I'm trying castor oil now but may swop to vaseline.

notgoneyet Sat 20-Oct-18 15:04:34

Me too Jessiecake. I have my eyebrows tattooed - it makes such a difference. But hate the fact that eyelashes, particularly bottom ones, are so sparse. Not a question of growing them longer; more to the point is growing them at all! I've been on Levothyroxine for about 40 years, allegedly at the right doseage, checked annually. Despite that, loss of hair including eyelashes/eyebrows sad

JanT8 Sat 20-Oct-18 16:00:41

I always use an eyelash curler before mascara which helps them to look thicker.
But don’t do as I once did and sneeze while curling them! Most of my eyelashes ended up on the curler !! I was mortified, but they did grow back eventually.

Sielha Sat 20-Oct-18 18:38:41

Rapid Lash definitely works but you have to persevere and it takes about 6 weeks to see any difference.

poshpaws Sat 20-Oct-18 18:43:04

My sister-in-law swears by Rapid Lash. Can't comment myself as I'd just bought some when I was diagnosed by the optician as having an allergy, so I haven't used it!