Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Dark circles under my eyes

(15 Posts)
margaretrodriguez Wed 13-Mar-19 11:36:26

My opinion is, use Almond oil which has great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which helps to lighten the dark circles under your eyes and reduce under-eye puffiness.

Suki70 Wed 02-Jan-19 21:15:46

I agree Look Fabulous Forever concealer is good. Maybelline Instant Anti Age Concealer is also good and much cheaper - varies from around £6 to £9 depending on where you buy it. Its sponge applicator tip and liquid texture makes it easy to apply and blend into the skin.

billericaylady Wed 02-Jan-19 20:46:48

I like it too..I have only just started using it :-)

Missfoodlove Thu 13-Sep-18 11:37:54

NanTheWiser is spot on for her recommendation, this product works so well and is great value.
Look on you tube for tutorials.
I use bare Minerals products, they have “ well rested” this is in powder or liquid form and can be colour matched. Try your nearest Bare Minerals counter, they will apply it for you and give you some samples.

Pittcity Thu 13-Sep-18 09:31:03

I second the LFF concealer. It is good on crepey (is that a word?) skin. It seems expensive, but if you use a brush it lasts for ages and really works.

giulia Thu 13-Sep-18 09:06:49

Look Fabulous Forever Concealer is excellent, not only for under-eye shadows but for any unsightly facial blotches. You brush it in.

DLWheeler Thu 13-Sep-18 08:03:43

Hey, I think putting cucumber slices really do work and can give positive results within some days. Along with this there are some other things that cause dark circles like sleeping habits, lifestyle, not wearing wholesale reading glasses while outing. So, wearing wholesale reading glasses after buying it from stores like City Sunglass (citysunglass.com/product-category/womens-sunglasses), eBay is not a better solution for protecting dark circles, but also prevent the eyes from getting in direct contact from the sun's harmful rays.

MawBroon Thu 05-Apr-18 13:43:45

In answer to OP ? ? ? ?

jollyg Thu 05-Apr-18 13:08:45

Take way or cover the mirror!

I can't believe what I see in the mirror!

NanTheWiser Thu 05-Apr-18 12:32:58

I've been using a budget concealer from Collection (Boots and elsewhere) - Illuminating Touch. It's a click brush type, comes in 3 colours and is only about a fiver. Brilliant, and much recommended on Mumsnet. Check out YouTube demos on the best way to apply it, banishes dark circles excellently!

Teetime Thu 05-Apr-18 12:01:12

I think its also dietary and important to remain hydrated. Could you up your water intake. I use Elemis eye balm.

Hilmix Thu 05-Apr-18 11:57:16

I find Vichy Dermablend good for hiding dark circles. Mostly I use it for the patch of roseacea I have on one cheek which it covers brilliantly. Not sure about settling into wrinkles though as I concentrate on the coverage. It is very creamy so goes on and stays well
My wrinkles are concentrated around my mouth, I look as though I've been a smoker since birth and look at the world disapprovingly. Neither is true ??

petitpois Thu 05-Apr-18 11:32:15

Thanks Treebee. I've heard that Touche Eclat isn't the best for older skin as it highlights wrinkles. Do you find that? Or perhaps your skin is not as lined as mine!

Treebee Wed 04-Apr-18 19:49:04

I’ve always had dark circles under my eyes, and have been using Touche Eclat which improves my look no end. DD2 tells me it’s a highlighter not a concealer though so I’ll watch this thread with interest to see what others use.

petitpois Wed 04-Apr-18 17:31:17

They're getting darker. sad When I look in the mirror first thing I look like I've come off badly in a boxing round. My usual trick of smudging a bit of extra foundation around my eyes isn't doing the trick any more. Plus obviously the skin around there is quite...crepey. What do you use, please, oh wise women of Gransnet? I'm quite honestly flummoxed by the concealers, correctors and illuminators. What do I really need?