Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

No brows!

(30 Posts)
specsappeal1 Wed 04-Jul-18 11:11:48

I didn't brace myself for such a major loss in older age - my eyebrows have pretty much taken their final bow! I don't want to go down the tattoo route (a close friend had this done and the result wasn't pretty!), but desperate to find a way to make my brows look like brows again!
What do you lovely ladies do?

Nannarose Fri 27-Jul-18 07:52:59

My brows are now very thin (and no, I didn't overpluck them when younger!)
I had them dyed at first - worked well, but then became allergic to the dye, so was not going to risk a tattoo.!
My favourite (apart from the stupid name) is Gimme Brow by Benefit

Gma29 Fri 27-Jul-18 09:05:23

I’ve never had very visible brows either, but tend to just use pencil, I found it quicker/easier than the kits with powder.

I have the eye drops (for glaucoma) that make eyelashes longer/thicker, but frankly it’s a nuisance as they always need plucking as they either don’t grow straight and irritate my eye, or keep touching my glasses. Almost tempting to try them on my eyebrows though!

lemongrove Fri 27-Jul-18 11:48:44

Until last year I had very good brows, which gradually vanished ( due to thyroid problems).I use Avon brow glimmersticks now, and a little powder brushed over them.
L’oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit. Inexpensive and in different colours.

CazB Sat 25-Aug-18 12:24:02

Look Fabulous Forever do a very good brow shaper, which is natural looking and has transformed my sparse brows.