Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Searching for non-stretch jeans

(28 Posts)
Aspidistra Thu 08-Nov-18 09:09:22

Is it still possible to get jeans without lycra or elastane in? Even Levi's only seem to make stretch jeans these days. I absolutely hate them! They feel horrible and stretch and slither down all the time. Does anyone know where to find non stretch jeans? Thank

Teetime Thu 08-Nov-18 09:10:28

Oh and I was going to suggest Levi originals - are they stretchy too?

Aspidistra Thu 08-Nov-18 09:11:15

Yes. Afraid so. Nothing is sacred!

Auntieflo Thu 08-Nov-18 09:25:29

Oh, please I hope they never stop making stretchy jeans. I need the ‘forgiveness’.
I never wore jeans until I was well over 40, but do love them now. Perhaps I shouldn’t, but comfort before beauty now for me, I’m afraid.

Aspidistra Thu 08-Nov-18 12:41:57

Well, I don't want them to stop making the stretch ones Auntieflo, but I do wish we could choose! I find the stretch ones really uncomfortable and they slither down all the time

FlexibleFriend Thu 08-Nov-18 12:53:31

There are degrees of stretch in jeans but once I've found a style I'm comfortable in I tend to buy multiple pairs and I wear a belt so no problem with them going anywhere.

aggie Thu 08-Nov-18 12:55:43

Mine cling to my ample butt and dinnae slide ! I can't get into non stretch trousers blush

Coolgran65 Thu 08-Nov-18 13:02:46

With stretchy jeans I have to buy what suits my body shape. Otherwise they will slide down.
I don't like wearing a belt and sometimes I've put a couple of (very unprofessional) small darts in the back of the waist which helps a lot to stop the slide.

joannapiano Thu 08-Nov-18 13:07:51

I find Bon Marche straight leg jeans very comfortable. I buy them on line.

gmelon Thu 08-Nov-18 14:13:55

Not got any ideas on where to buy jeans.
However a piece of thick elastic sewn in at two points on the inside of the middle back waistband. Might save you wasting the jeans that slip down.

Telly Thu 08-Nov-18 18:58:07

gmelon - what a great idea.

Blue45Sapphire Fri 09-Nov-18 08:37:50

I have a pair of Sainsbury's straight-leg jeans, which I don't think have anything stretchy in them.

gillybob Fri 09-Nov-18 08:42:19

I’m gonna try that too gmelon my jeans start off nice and snug but always seem to slip down as the day goes on . I feel like I’m constantly pulling them up . I think it’s because I don’t have much of a bum to keep them up . Pity I can’t transfer a bit of belly into my bum cheeks .

tinaf1 Fri 09-Nov-18 08:43:18

I like the jeans in Sainsburys too but Asda also do good straight leg jeans, not too sure if they are very stretchy

GrannyGravy13 Fri 09-Nov-18 08:45:35

Look in Top Shop, they have many styles, different lengths stretchy and non-stretchy. My daughter nagged me for years to go and look and I resisted thinking I was far too old!!!'

I caved in 6 months ago and now wonder why I was so stubborn!!! They are so comfortable, no slide the girl in the shop,was so helpful, I now have jeans in a variety of colours which wash well also.

Craftycat Fri 09-Nov-18 11:36:26

Just discovered Sainsbury's jeans & they are really good. I do wear the skinny stretchy ones ( & I am NOT skinny!!) but also bought some non stretchy & they are fine too.
You have to be quick to get long length though

Bennan Fri 09-Nov-18 11:42:39

Try Cotton Traders. They do lots of different types of jeans at a good price. Wear them all the time!

glammanana Fri 09-Nov-18 11:53:13

Try vintage sites for Levi's I have bought from them on e-bay before now you can pick up some good as new if you are lucky.
I have worn Levi's for years I even brought a pair back from US from one of their thrift stores.
Sainsbury's jeans are good for not sliding down I have a couple of pairs of those also.

farview Fri 09-Nov-18 12:23:01

same here gillybob they drive me nuts!!! Hate stretch jeans!!

BlueBelle Fri 09-Nov-18 12:29:31

I looooove my stretchy jeans and would hate to be without them They fit my curves beautifully I have no slippage problems because my hips are there to keep them up ?I envy people who have sylph like figures

jmor Fri 09-Nov-18 12:52:53

Have you tried J D Williams online site, they sell all sorts of styles of clothes and for all ages too.

mabon1 Fri 09-Nov-18 13:51:56

Hate jeans, never worn them as they remind me of denim overalls with the tops cut off, which is basically what they are originally.

sroge Fri 09-Nov-18 14:14:46

Try Debenhams John Rocha range.

Nanny41 Fri 09-Nov-18 15:54:48

I have recently bought three pairs of Bon Marche straight leg jeans, they are marvellous, they have a slight stretch in them, nothing noticeable, they are a perfect fit. Bon Marche have different lengths on their clothes which is a huge bonus.I highly recommend Bon Marche if there is one in your Town.

Nanabilly Fri 09-Nov-18 17:15:40

I have just found some great jeans in JDWilliams online stores. Can't remember what they are called right now but they are £42 . That good I ordered 2 pairs of each in indigo and black.I
The bon marche ones are nice and soft but being a shortie I find them too long from crotch tossing so they hang too low. Very uncomfortable.