Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

RapidLash serum. (Other brands available)

(13 Posts)
shysal Wed 13-Mar-19 09:37:45

Has anyone tried this? I saw it featured on the This Morning TV programme. Apparently it actually makes lashes noticably longer over several weeks of daily application. It nourishes the lashes and prevents them from breaking or falling out before the end of their life. Or is it too good to be true? I have ordered a tube at a reduced price from an ebay charity outlet, but have I wasted my money?

NanaandGrampy Wed 13-Mar-19 10:02:57

I’d be interested to know how you get on as my lashes seem non exsistent these days .

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-Mar-19 10:14:02

My Step-Father had to have twice daily eye drops, and we had to "trim" his lashes. I believe this cream is a similar formula, so you should see results.

Let us know what happens please.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Mar-19 10:15:18

You’ll have to be the guinea pig and come back and let us all know shysal. My lashes always need two coats of mascara these days!

paddyann Wed 13-Mar-19 10:32:12

I tried the brow serum from the same people ,I had overplucked brows that I thought I needed to fix.The serum made no difference whatsoever ,I bought mine from QVC so I could send it back in the extended trial period otherwise it would have been a waste of 80 odd pounds .Might be an idea for you to buy from the same place and at least you wont be out of pocket.

shysal Wed 13-Mar-19 12:40:37

paddyann, I wouldn't have paid £80 for the lash product, mine was £20 + P&P and at least a charity has benefited.
I will report back!

Suki70 Wed 13-Mar-19 15:48:16

I tried it eight years ago after I'd had chemotherapy. Unfortunately it made no difference at all. Recently though I took Hair , Skin and Nails vitamin pills from a well known High St chemist and my normally short and stubby eyelashes do seem longer.

shysal Mon 25-Mar-19 07:35:57

Just reporting back as requested. There is a marked increase in length and thickness of my lashes already (less than 2 weeks) so will continue to use the serum. They weren't too bad but had got a bit sparse. I have also invested in an eyelash curler which enhances the improvement, with only a thin application of mascara.

Skinnylizzie Thu 28-Mar-19 21:41:25

I’ve started using boots 360’ mascara. It’s not claiming to make them better but they do look better even without the mascara. The mascara is great too, looks longer and thicker and no clumping & very little grease smudge

NanTheWiser Thu 28-Mar-19 21:51:22

I've been using lash serums for years, shysal. Most of them DO work, but can take time. Currently using Nanolash, but have used Rapidlash in the past. It sounds as though you got a good deal on eBay, but always be wary of fake goods.
Good to hear it works for you!

lizzypopbottle Fri 29-Mar-19 12:32:09

I used the brow serum and it worked really well. I had to start plucking and shaping again. However, I found that as soon as you stop using the stuff the effect wears off pretty quickly and you're back where you started.

blondenana Wed 24-Apr-19 11:50:30

I have tried several of these kind of lash growers, nothing has worked, but not tried rapid lash, i just cant bear the thought of wasting so much money if that doesnt work either
I have some drops for pressure in the eyes, and it says one of the side effects is that you could grow a second set of lashes, but no luck there either
Although a lady at the eye clinic said hers grew so long she had to trim them shock

shysal Wed 24-Apr-19 12:34:16

I am still using the first tube of serum about 6 weeks on, and the results are great! At this rate of use it doesn't seem too expensive so I shall continue.