Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Anyone given up the dye & gone for grey?

(129 Posts)
Kandinsky Mon 18-Mar-19 13:14:57

I’m only 54 ( only she says grin ) but fighting a losing battle.
I’m so tired of having to cover the grey literally every month. Wondering if any of you just gave up & felt better for it!

Thank you.

ickle Mon 15-Apr-19 17:17:49

I worried about it for a long time, then decided I wasnt fooling anyone with my brunette hair.
So I took the plunge and have never regretted it.
In fact I will go so far as to say I wish I had done it years ago.
As for 'aging' me, it has had the opposite affect, I look better and dare I say it younger than my age.
I love the colour. It is pure white for most part with a little darker on the crown, but when it is styled it gives the effect of silver with pure white streaks.
being as i am saving oodles of money by not dying my hair any more,I like to buy luxury shampoos, conditioners,hairsprays etc.
I take great care of it and I am very proud to be an 'Arctic Blonde'.

HildaGrady Wed 17-Apr-19 07:18:25

I used to color my hair till when I was 50 and then I stopped because I felt that grey hair looks more royal and pretty! I just have to maintain my face, like it should glow and be tightened up. Then I started adoring my grey hair and gave it new haircuts every now and then that suits me and looks more royal. And I am loving it.

HildaGrady Wed 17-Apr-19 07:19:48

Now, I maintain my grey hair color by conditioning it and doing hair spa every 3 months.