Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Recommendations for 'spanx' or similar?

(4 Posts)
hellymart Fri 22-Mar-19 19:24:43

Aw, thank you NanaMacGeek, for making me feel a bit better about my flabby bits! I will definitely have a big bouquet!

NanaMacGeek Fri 22-Mar-19 19:17:07

Well, for many years I've worn underwear to hold wobbly bits in. If you feel you really must go down this route, Spanx make footless tights and shapeware shorts. These will allow you to show off your pedicure in sunny July. I'd go for light control in nude colour, it won't cause bulges around the edges (so to speak), won't show through and will be cooler. I'd also avoid anything high waisted too, they can roll down, just aim for a smooth outline rather than tummy tucks. Whatever you choose to wear underneath, be cool and comfortable, make sure going to the loo isn't a contortionist's nightmare!

However, it's your wedding, everyone will be looking at your happy face not your perfectly proportioned hour-glass figure. You can detract from your tummy in the way you hold your flowers too. Enjoy your day, relax and look back on it with pleasure. Congratulations.

Telly Fri 22-Mar-19 18:31:04

M & S do a varied control range. Probably a slip would be the best thing under a close fitting dress, would smooth down any lines/bulges. Alternatively something with a high waist would smooth the tummy and avoid any bulges too.

hellymart Fri 22-Mar-19 16:14:28

I'm getting married in July and my wedding dress is lovely but quite close-fitting. I've just tried it on and all I can see is a tummy and hips! I think I need some 'spanx' or something to hold it all in! (I will try to lose a bit of weight before the summer but can't guarantee I'll be able to!). Just wondered if anyone could recommend anything to make me look slimmer?! thanks