Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Online clothing sites

(20 Posts)
Countrylife Sun 14-Apr-19 08:26:40

I’ve been looking at dresshelike.com. Nice clothes for 60+ I think, not too young but not frumpy old boring either. However, I am nervous about these sites so I’m wondering if anyone has used them? Zulily is ok for product and honesty, although periodically you can’t log in so ask for a reset and it never arrives so weeks later you try again. Rather a pain actually. I want to order some linen tops from dresshelike but can’t find anyone who has used them, anyone?

petra Sun 14-Apr-19 09:36:15

Countrylife
My daughter and I have ordered several items from these sites.
I have only had one disappointment. I returned it and the money was back in my a/c
When I first ordered I took the view that it wasn't a fortune so nothing ventured, nothing gained.
This is one that my daughter bought. This finish on it was perfect £20!!

Countrylife Sun 14-Apr-19 09:55:59

Wow that is stunnng! You are right it’s not a lot for an item I was morre worried about credit card details. Did you use Dresshelike specifically?

KatyK Sun 14-Apr-19 10:06:21

Just a word of caution. I ordered a top from one of these sites. I can't remember what it was called. It came from China and was rubbish. I have had a nice top from Everything fivepounds.com.

Gonegirl Sun 14-Apr-19 10:09:24

Like KatyK I ordered a top from a firm very similar to that. It was rubbish. It wouldn't fit or anyone else I offered it to.

I get adverts for those kind of firms. I make myself ignore them.

Poppyred Sun 14-Apr-19 10:56:34

Keep clear of Just Fashion Now! They are based in China and there is no telephone number listed.

Ordered a dress that looked lovely. When it came I was so disappointed. The material was like a cheap cotton sheet and when I tried to send it back it was ceased by customs! Instructions on how to pay duty was all in Chinese! ???

Marelli Sun 14-Apr-19 11:14:19

I found a very good site which advertises on Facebook. They have lots of linen stuff and the styles are roomy and perfect for my height. I'm size 16 and 5'8". Really good customer service (and they always include a wee bag of Haribos in each parcel)!
I'd better not advertise on here, but feel free to pm me.

Marelli Sun 14-Apr-19 11:15:58

Must add that lots of the sizes are one-size, and go up to about a 22, I think.

1inamillion Sun 14-Apr-19 11:16:30

Agree with Poppyred re Just Fashion Now. I asked DD about it, she did a bit of digging and told me not to touch it with a barge pole.

Poppyred Sun 14-Apr-19 12:45:02

Have had a look at Dresshelike.com and it looks suspiciously like Justfashionnow!! Be warned!

EvelynEdwards Sat 20-Apr-19 12:49:02

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PageTurner Sat 20-Apr-19 14:31:47

I looked at the ModLily site. They have ads for cute tops.
Then I did an Internet search " ModLily customer reviews"
Wow! As I suspected, a rip-off. Wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole!

BBbevan Sat 20-Apr-19 14:43:57

Vivid is brilliant for linen, though a tad expensive

seacliff Sat 20-Apr-19 15:15:36

I have seen really nice clothes pop up on Facebook, from a company I've never heard of. Usually there are comments beneath, warning you don't get exactly what the picture portrays. I am wary of new companies, I look on Trustpilot to see if there are reviews, and also search on Mumsnet.

BlueBelle Sat 20-Apr-19 20:05:00

I have ordered off Linkshe and Newchic and both were lovely really nice quality and pretty styles Linkshe came in less than two weeks but Newchic took 5 weeks and they suggest you ll get it within 45 days (way too long) so for that reason I may nit use them again unless it was for a different season item
Both were sites that popped up on FB one was £19 one £15

M0nica Sun 21-Apr-19 16:29:48

I will not buy anything from a company based in China unless there is no alternative. I certainly would not buy clothes, there have been so many reports of clothes that are of shocking quality and returns policy not to British standards.

British companies are bad enough, selling really shoddy clothes online that they would not dream of putting in their shops, but atleast you can return them and get your money back quickly.

BlueBelle Sun 21-Apr-19 18:36:09

These were certainly not shoddy goods very well made and nice material Monica

M0nica Sun 21-Apr-19 21:44:49

BlueBelle that may well be in your case, but there are many who have been badly let down by these companies and been unable to get any redress (sorry for pun).

Countrylife Mon 22-Apr-19 08:12:08

I’ve decided to steer clear of most of the sites mentioned above after all your comments and doing a bit of internet snooping myself. I see they reviews on quality are not good and returns sound impossible plus China no don’t want my card details held there. Guess I will stick to Zulily who are very good for casual tops. I’ve ordered about 6 times in two years, not a big shopper. The only problem I have with them is periodically I can’t log in and it takes weeks of constantly asking for a password reset to come through, by then I’ve usualy lost my enthusiasm! Take care all.

Missfoodlove Mon 22-Apr-19 09:16:37

One of the best UK sites for quality well priced clothing is Dunnes Stores.
No shops in the UK anymore, Eire only but great quality and value.