Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Tinted moisturiser

(11 Posts)
Shirleyw Mon 20-May-19 04:50:09

I tend to wear this more now than foundation....I bought a nice one from John Lewis. Charlotte Tilbury tinted moisturiser....on the tube it says unisex....I said to my DH he can use it if he wants to ???

CanadianGran Mon 20-May-19 06:43:00

I found a nice Canadian brand called Marcelle that I use. It has sunscreen for extra protection and goes on nicely.
I have tried a few others along the way, but keep going back to the Marcelle brand.

lemongrove Mon 20-May-19 08:42:41

Have tried a few, but like the Avon one best, good for a fair skin and natural looking ( avoiding the you’ve just been Tango-ed look!)

Urmstongran Mon 20-May-19 09:42:50

I love the Boots No 7 ‘Intelligent Colour’ its amazing! My daughter recommended it and I’ve been using it now for a couple of years. I like it best when I get 3 for the price of 2.
?

cangran Mon 20-May-19 11:19:30

I have been using Olay CC cream, fair/medium tint, which I really like as it gives just a little colour. It has a spf of 15 and I use face 50 spf sun cream under it in the summer.

tiredoldwoman Mon 20-May-19 12:56:16

Aldi is doing a lovely one just now , in a gold tube .

mosaicwarts Mon 20-May-19 13:25:29

I was rather silly and didn't realise the damage the cold winds would do to the veins in my face, so I look like a heavy drinker now with very red cheeks. Do you think of any these would help me? I bought a Loreal one a few years ago in a pink tube and have never been able to find it again.

CanadianGran Mon 20-May-19 18:30:42

Mosaic - yes a tinted moisturizer will help, but these generally offer very light coverage. Depending on how often you wear makeup, you could use one for everyday, but use a heavier foundation for special occasions. You can even get a base with a bit of green to neutralize the redness.
L'oreal makes 'Magic Skin Beautifier" for redness cover-up that may be what you had before, but in new packaging - the tube is white/green.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 18:38:20

I use Clarins foundation, and it gives good coverage.

BlueSapphire Mon 20-May-19 20:38:17

Nivea tinted moisturiser is good - and cheap, under £4. Handy to take on holiday.

mosaicwarts Thu 23-May-19 17:18:30

Thank you Canadian Gran, I bought the L'Oreal cream today and it has made my face a lot less ruddy. I am seeing my elderly auntie for the first time in four years and want to look my best, she's not known for her sensitivity and since my husband died I've really let myself go.

If anyone knows of a cruelty free one I'd be grateful.

Thanks!