Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Hand cream

(13 Posts)
fizzers Thu 23-May-19 14:11:22

I've just noticed my hands are looking aged and wrinkled, they never used to, so it has come as a bit of a shock, what do Gransnetters recommend ?

MiniMoon Thu 23-May-19 14:15:54

I like Avon's Royal Jelly hand cream. It's the best one I've used recently.
I use almond oil for the skin on my arms which has always been dry.

3dognight Thu 23-May-19 14:17:58

Liz Earle do a lovely one, but it's pricey if I remember correctly.

A good cheapo one I used was from aldi, it was in a pink tube and was good for nails and cuticles too.

Sara65 Thu 23-May-19 14:39:10

Reading your post inspired me to get my lovely Mendip lavender hand cream out of my desk drawer, and apply, smells gorgeous

M0nica Thu 23-May-19 16:31:08

I have started massaging vast quantities of hand cream into my hands three times a day. Any old hand cream, nothing special.

Ngaio1 Thu 23-May-19 16:34:47

Clarins. It was mentioned to me by a fellow passenger (beautician by trade) and it is really good.

MawBroonsback Thu 23-May-19 16:46:06

Oh fizzers I had that shock recently too - not just my hands, which have up till now been very “young” but all the skin on my arms and ankles which has become crepey And my cheeks which never used to be lined.
Slathering gunk on everywhere sad

Squiffy Thu 23-May-19 17:05:20

I use organic coconut oil or Dr Organic Rose Otto lotion (other scents are available). Coconut oil just disappears into the skin and is non-greasy - the Dr Organic lotions do the same and smell wonderful!

M0nica Thu 23-May-19 17:07:05

The veins in my hands have always been close to the surface, and tended to be prominent when they - and the rest of me are hot. Not much of a problem at 30 - but in your 70s when the skin on one's hand is thinning, they are immediately aging.

I envy DH and DD, their veins are hidden deep in their arms and never show However, DD was discharged from blood donating because they had such difficulty finding her veins and DH always comes back from the surgery after a blood test with an arm like a pin cushion, although they have recently employed a nurse who has the knack and when blood test time comes he makes sure she is the nurse he sees.

Squiffy Thu 23-May-19 17:16:13

I just checked online to make sure that I had the name correct and discovered that the Dr Organic lotion is on special offer at H & B - Buy one get one half price! An offer that I couldn't refuse - GN has just cost me money! wink grin

fizzers Thu 23-May-19 17:19:01

MawBroonsback tell me about it, and my arms and legs are sooo dry , it's like snowtime when I undress!

Never been a lover of body and hand moisturisers, looks like am gonna have to get used to it...

bikergran Thu 23-May-19 17:44:36

If you can bare to keep a pair of those cheapy plastic gloves on you can massage your hands whilst watching tv.

Also they do hand moisturizing gloves at home bargain 89p similar to the feet packs.

Sara65 Thu 23-May-19 17:54:53

Ngaiol, I agree clarins is lovely