Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Sun protection for scalp

(5 Posts)
DorisD Sun 02-Jun-19 16:45:55

My hair is very short and I no longer colour it so now am completely white...which I love! My problem is that now the sun is out my scalp is often pink. I hate wearing hats. What I need is SPF protection that can be used daily. Something like a leave in conditioner. I have tried a couple of head and scalp sun sprays but they leave my hair looking really greasy. Looking for some recommendations. Thanks.

M0nica Sun 02-Jun-19 16:51:27

When all is said and done, the answer is a hat, whether you like them or not.

Eglantine21 Sun 02-Jun-19 17:09:24

Parasol?

DorisD Sun 02-Jun-19 17:25:26

I do wear a hat when on holiday or if going out for the day or working in the garden. I was asking for the equivalent of a face moisturiser with SPF but for the scalp for everyday use. Can get sun burnt even on cloudy days.

Anneliese63 Sun 02-Jun-19 19:29:43

For a couple of years before I finished work, I was under a lot of stress and the hair on the top of my head went really thin. Consequently my scalp went red and sore when in the sun. Hope I’m not breaking any rules by mentioning a brand, but I found a scalp protection spray by Calypso which did the trick. It didn’t make my hair greasy, but it was a little bit stiff, like hairspray, but brushed or washed out easily.