Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Leg Make up/False Tan recommendations?

(12 Posts)
Poppyred Mon 10-Jun-19 20:18:38

They’ve changed the formula of the leg make up I usually use for summer! New stuff leaves streaks and looks false! Help!

Poppyred Tue 11-Jun-19 09:15:09

Anyone??

glammanana Tue 11-Jun-19 09:59:15

Poppy There are a couple of threads running at the minute about this x

blondenana Thu 20-Jun-19 19:37:49

I have started using St Moritz,it is a cheaper version of St Tropez, but i really like ,it has no smell, and looks like frothy chocolate when you apply it, also doesn;t streak
If you use a sponge tanning mitt,it goes on easily, and looks more like a natural tan, not orangey,
I like that you can see where you are putting it, and it deepens within a few hours

Poppyred Thu 20-Jun-19 19:45:45

Ah thank you Blondenana I will give it a try. ?

lemongrove Thu 20-Jun-19 21:58:03

Poppyred try Dove Summer Revived, it’s brilliant, the best I have found of all of them, and it’s cheap , about £3 at Home Bargains.

absent Fri 21-Jun-19 05:50:49

What is wrong with carefully acquiring a bit of natural colour? Pretty much everything else is easily detectable as false even though it may not be quite so orange as Donald Trump's face.

Anja Fri 21-Jun-19 06:13:08

Some of us simply don’t tan absent

cornergran Fri 21-Jun-19 07:02:03

Or indeed have the weather to allow us to tan. Other than the odd day its been far too chilly here for me to have bare legs. smile. I also use Dove, not a dark colour on me, just takes the very pale away.

Alwaysaworrier Fri 21-Jun-19 07:05:11

I’ve used Sally Hansen airbrush legs. Make up rather than fake tan. But if you really muck it up you can wipe it off and start again!
It is the only product that I’ve managed to use successfully.

Poppyred Fri 21-Jun-19 07:33:53

Thanks Lemongrove and Alwaysaworrier will give them a try as well.

Absent, you not familiar with the good old British summer??

Teetime Fri 21-Jun-19 09:35:20

I use Dove on a daily basis and if I want to do my legs properly then Clarins self tan is very good and doesn't streak. I still have prison pallor at the moment due to lack of sun so am still taking Vit D through this summer.