Oh goodness, I've been the world's worst for hanging on to things. Each time a charity bag comes through the door it's filled to the brim------of clothes that no longer fit. Lovely size 10 trousers which I've kidded myself that they'll still fit,, they go up my legs until the hip/bottom area and that's as far as they go.
I tried a lovely top on yesterday and the inner " vest " was tight around the bust so that's in a bag ready for collection along with other size 10's and 12's, so it's the sloppy-Joe look for me from now on and not things which " fit ". 
I've hung on to a 60's/70's thick double nylon negligee set which I can't part with even though I don't wear it. You never see them now---only in old films and also a couple of feather bed-jackets. The family will probably take them to a museum after I've gone, hahahaha.Or the bin !