Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Skirt Pleats

(5 Posts)
Jube2 Sun 06-Oct-19 23:47:18

I have a pleated skirt that I find difficult to keep pressing the pleats into place , Do any members know of a spray that one can spray on a pleated skirt to make the pleats permanent
I seem to remember years ago reading about a spray that made pleats permanent ,
Not a starch ..thanks

Grannyknot Mon 07-Oct-19 06:49:54

Hi Jube I don't remember a spray but I do remember how much I used to love my pleated skirts as a young woman. Have you tried asking for advice from a dry cleaner? My local dry cleaner is my first stop for "fabric management" advice smile

callgirl1 Mon 07-Oct-19 17:00:37

That`s why I buy permanently pleated skirts!

Grannyknot Mon 07-Oct-19 18:25:54

Callgirl oh yes, those are the ones I'm thinking of smile. Sorry, I misread the OP and thought the permanent pleats needed 'refreshing'.

Jube2 Fri 11-Oct-19 21:39:28

Thanks for replies , for some reason I wasn’t prompted via email that there had been replies .
Sadly this skirt wasn’t offered with the option of permanent pleats or I would have had that option.
I haven’t been to a dry cleaners I didn’t even think about it , how silly am I , I will definitely visit my local one to ask thanks for that suggestion Grannyknot .
It’s a washable skirt and I’ve always pressed the pleats after wash but they don’t keep the nice sharp crease that id like .