Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Robell Trousers Help Needed

(6 Posts)
Tartlet Mon 21-Oct-19 17:35:52

I could do with some help please from aficionados of Robell trousers.

Having seen them recommended I thought I’d try them and have received a pair of Marie ones today. I was expecting slim fit but not the very slim fit mentioned on the label. They do fit but without a mm to spare around the body and thighs. I ordered my normal size.

So I’m wondering whether this is the way they’re supposed to fit or whether I’ve somehow ended up a very slim fit style instead of just normal slim fit.

I’ll be returning them of course but I want to order more. Any advice on a different style I could try? Bella for instance.

There are loads of websites selling these trousers but information about fit is sorely lacking.

MacCavity2 Mon 21-Oct-19 18:45:12

Not an aficionado but have two of the cotton jeans type. I prefer to go up a size as I don’t like them too tight. Very comfortable and good quality, no colour loss in the wash and no bagging.

Missfoodlove Mon 21-Oct-19 20:20:12

Robell are a small fit. I always go up a size.

Tartlet Mon 21-Oct-19 23:28:23

Thank you both. It’s interesting that you both go up a size when the advice on most sites selling them is to go down a size! Thank goodness I didn’t, I’d have been even more disappointed.

Luckylegs Fri 25-Oct-19 15:57:17

I always get the very slim fitting. Maybe they’d stretch when you wear them and just be perfect? As long as you have a long top over, they’d look lovely.

annep1 Tue 29-Oct-19 18:41:48

I get the ones with the broad band at the bottom. Bella I think. 7/8 length - fulk length on me. I buy a size smaller. I had some that no longer fitted in different colours when I lost about 10lbs weight. I put them in the tumble dryer for a short time and they shrank just enough.
I like them tight almost like jeggings. But they look fine a little looser. I don't like the fit of the full length ones. I don't think they sit so neatly.
Hope this helps. I love Robell trousers although I think they are a bit light for winter.