Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Manicure or pedicure ?

(13 Posts)
Floradora9 Tue 26-Nov-19 21:20:19

am I the only person here who had never had either a manicure or a pedicure ? I have never had any interest in either and am lucky enough never to have any problems with my feet I have looked after them myself . Never felt the need to have nails done either.

crazyH Tue 26-Nov-19 21:24:16

I don't have manicures because I can do them myself, but I must confess, I do like a pedicure. She takes out the hard skin, massages my feet, paints my toenails etc. I must say I only have them as a treat, or if one of the family treat me to it for bday, Xmas etc. A Pedicure is definitely value for money.

wildswan16 Tue 26-Nov-19 21:27:56

You're not the only one. I can't understand the obsession for nail bars etc. I would pay for a pedicure if I became unable to look after my own feet, but hopefully that will be a long way in the future.

I haven't had my eyebrows messed about with either !

Chewbacca Tue 26-Nov-19 21:37:35

I've had a manicure but I wouldn't inflict my feet on anyone.

cornergran Tue 26-Nov-19 21:44:57

I’m another who has never had either. Too embarrassed I think.

tanith Tue 26-Nov-19 22:12:18

Never had a manicure I did have a pedicure once at a local college it was very enjoyable as I remember.

M0nica Tue 26-Nov-19 22:15:16

I have had neither and can see no reason why I should ever want or have one, unless physically unable to look after them myself

My feet are perfectly normal, no hard skin, I do not like massages and I do not paint my nails.

Mind you, I have my eyebrows tinted and shaped.

Grannyknot Tue 26-Nov-19 22:23:02

I love having a pedicure. It's got nothing to do with having problems with one's feet (AFAIK that's for a podiatrist to attend to). For me it's a treat, an opportunity to have a foot massage (bliss) and painted toenails (in Summer anyway).

MissAdventure Tue 26-Nov-19 22:23:26

I've never had either.
I do quite fancy a pedicure, but in the years its taken me to decide, a lot of the places have closed.

Hetty58 Tue 26-Nov-19 22:24:45

I've never had either. I can do my own finger nails for special occasions (otherwise they're short for gardening and DIY) and I really can't stand anyone touching my feet. I might just have to go to a chiropodist, though, as I can only just reach them. Nail bars I'd avoid as there's no privacy!

crystaltipps Wed 27-Nov-19 07:24:10

I love a manicure and pedicure. Your feet feel so much softer and look much nicer after one. Always have a pedicure before I go on holiday( sometimes whilst I’m on holiday if I go to a spa). All those saying they won’t ever have one - treat yourself- you’d love it! It’s not just young people that have it done all age groups, men as well in our local nail salon.

Teetime Wed 27-Nov-19 09:24:10

Since having surgery on my feet I have a few accidents e.g. the toes with joints removed fold over and trip me up- gross! So I get some injuries and the nails grow in a peculiar direction so I had to give up pedicure for proper chiropody which is heaven every three months but I may need to increase. I have my fingernails and hands done about once every three months - getting them done for Christmas but nothing fancy no glitter- makes me feel more groomed.
Eyebrows and Captain Birdseye need doing monthly!

Charleygirl5 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:31:57

I also am seen by a chiropodist because now my eyesight is such if I do my own feet I draw blood and make an awful mess of a simple job.

If I did not have major eyesight problems I would do my own.

I had a manicure many years ago in Spain and never again because she was so rough she hurt me.

I do have my eyebrows threaded or I would have two bushes.