Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

St Michael

(6 Posts)
annodomini Tue 03-Dec-19 18:41:59

Searching for something to wear with my black velvet (velour?) trousers, I have just come across a top I must have had for well over 20 years as it carries a St Michael label. It is adorned with black beads and small sequins. It is never worn except at this time of year, so is still in good, wearable condition. So I'll be wearing it for a Christmas meal tomorrow night - unless I find something better in the meantime!

ayse Tue 03-Dec-19 18:47:17

Sounds beautiful

Harris27 Tue 03-Dec-19 18:47:37

I have a favourite black velvet dress from marks and it comes out every year! Still looks fab!?

SueDonim Tue 03-Dec-19 19:01:26

Lovely! smile

My 2yo granddaughter was recently wearing a jumper that had been her mum’s. It sports a St Michael label which stated ‘Made in Britain’. Goodness knows how old it is. grin

Ellianne Tue 03-Dec-19 20:14:23

If you look carefully at some of the older labels they used to have the year date along with the barcode somewhere. Maybe not as far back as the St. Michael ones but certainly 1980s/90s.

Calendargirl Tue 03-Dec-19 22:10:37

My favourite black velvet/velour trousers and loose matching jacket were bought from Debenhams about 20 years ago for work Christmas party. Always felt good in them. Was going to replace them a while ago, but realised the ones I was looking at in M&S were identical. So didn’t bother, old faithfuls still come out, I still feel they look ok.