Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Rotating brush or non-rotating brush?

(13 Posts)
Grannyjacq1 Wed 08-Jul-20 12:25:05

There were some posts on here some time ago about Babyliss rotating hair brushes. Any advice on whether to get one that rotates or is it easier if it doesn't? Also, any other makes worth considering?

J52 Wed 08-Jul-20 12:29:56

I have both types. The rotating one does take some time to get the hang of and adds volume.
I found it pulled on my hair, so now mostly use the Babyliss static brush dryer.

seacliff Wed 08-Jul-20 12:33:40

I like the rotating brush, but agree it can be painful if you get it wrong. I use it when my hair is fairly dry. I clip hair out the way (mine is very thick) and do one bit at a time.

It is the only way I can get anything like the blowdry look from a salon. I often do just the fringe and a few bits on top and side.

Judy54 Wed 08-Jul-20 13:58:37

The rotating brush works for me. It is certainly better than trying to use a dryer in one hand and a brush in the other. Yes it can take a bit of time to get used to but once you do I am sure you will be very happy with it.

tanith Wed 08-Jul-20 14:02:44

I love my rotating brush it’s the only way I can get my curly hair looking nice. It took me a few days to get the hang of it but now it’s really quick and easy, I let my hair dry naturally then 5 mins with the brush and I’m good to go.

Grannyjacq1 Wed 08-Jul-20 15:44:38

Any particular makes I should look at? Babyliss seem to be the one most recommend.

tanith Wed 08-Jul-20 15:59:44

Babyliss is the one I have I’ve had it several years with no problems.

Happiyogi Wed 08-Jul-20 16:10:42

Another vote for Babyliss.

I've had several over the years. I bought from QVC because you can try the product out and return it if you don't like it. They have different models in stock from time to time.

seacliff Wed 08-Jul-20 16:31:50

Babyliss for me too. I got a set with one larger and one smaller diameter brushes. I always use the big brush. It smooths my frizzy wav hair, and makes it look more shiny. U use a bit if heat protection spray sometimes.

Judy54 Wed 08-Jul-20 16:39:50

Like Tanith and seacliff I have naturally curly hair which is prone to frizz. I have spent years styling, taming, straightening. Now I just let it dry naturally then when it is almost dry use the rotating brush and it works wonders for me.

Nippysweety Wed 08-Jul-20 20:13:50

Rotating brush was a game changer for me. I blow dry hair roughly 80 % and then either run rotating brush threw sections for a volumised blow dry style or hold each section for 20 seconds for a more defined curl look. Imo John Frieda is superior to Babyliss smile

Grannyjacq1 Thu 23-Jul-20 10:16:09

Thank you all for your advice. I purchased a rotating brush - Babyliss - and it's brilliant - just what I needed. Just wish I'd bought one much earlier in the lockdown.

glammanana Thu 23-Jul-20 10:37:48

I had my long hair cut by 10inches just before lockdown to my shoulders and bought the BaByliss brush with the two different sized brushes and I mainly use the smaller one to give volume and bounce to my hair I style it once it is almost dry and it is easy to use.