Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Regaine for hair loss

(61 Posts)
blondenana Wed 22-Jul-20 11:39:01

Has anyone used Regaine,or minoxydil for hair loss,
I am thinking of getting some
I can't cope with my hair being in the state it's in now
Don't want a wig,i have too much hair otherwise, apart from the patch at the back,
I did speak to someone on another forum, who has had great success with it,
I am aware that once started you have to use it forever
All these hair loss clinics,whatever they say they use,it has minoxydil in it, so why not just use it at home,

crazyH Mon 28-Dec-20 11:10:14

Blondenana - it’s not Alopaecia Areata, is it? If it is, it will grow back in a couple of months. I had it a couple of years ago. Saw a dermatologist, who assured me it would grow back and it did !!!

Floradora9 Mon 28-Dec-20 21:51:01

I have to say look at poor prince William I am sure if there had been a cure he would have used it .

blondenana Mon 28-Dec-20 23:14:55

Thank you for replies,i am taking Vit D3 but maybe not high enough dose,
crazyHthis has been going on for 2 years now, my dermatologist i have been seeing gave me some steroid lotion and said it would have grown back by the summer, he was wrong
Did you use anything like Regaine? or did your hair grow back naturally?
How long after your dermatologist said it would grow back did it take?
I am not too bothered in winter as I can wear a hat which I had to all summer, but would like it back to normal by next summer
He put mine down to stress,which could be right , but I don't know what to do now

Kate1949 Tue 29-Dec-20 10:01:05

I don't know what to advise blondenana . You name it, I tried it. As I said above, I have total hair loss. It's been 11 years and it's not coming back.
It's been a nightmare. My life was difficult before. This was the final straw. I hope you find a solution.

blondenana Tue 29-Dec-20 11:42:24

*Koil that is supposed to elp, might try that next, but maybe try the high bit D , which I was prescribed,and another Dr I saw took it off me
I have been buying it, but will try a higher dose
I am sorry you had no luck with hair growth, but glad you could afford to get a solution of kinds ,I couldn't but will carry on tryingate1949* thank you, i will just have to keep trying,I have some Rosemary

blondenana Tue 29-Dec-20 23:30:33

Sorry, have no idea what that first word is meant to say, no idea where that came from [confusion]

MayBee70 Tue 29-Dec-20 23:34:12

My iPad is always substituting the strangest words and I never have time to check everything before I post it. It’s like a form of Tourette’s . It’s quite embarrassing sometimes.

MayBee70 Tue 29-Dec-20 23:37:56

I’ve been taking VitD for months because of covid but, alas, my hair is still getting thinner.

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Dec-20 05:39:18

Re the vitamin D MayBee
I think that it might have worked for me because I had that initial high loading dose.
I've taken lots of vitamins over the years and not had any result previously, so I think it must be that.
Perhaps it doesn't get into your system without the loading dose? tchconfused

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Dec-20 05:41:56

It was a lot of vitamin D.
DH was taking it at the time (as he has for years) and I remember comparing them, and mine were ridiculously 'stronger' something like a hundred times the amount.
But I was officially 'deficient'.