Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Disappointing Expensive Beauty Product

(105 Posts)
tinaf1 Tue 29-Sep-20 15:51:09

Re the other thread about a Clarins product: just wondered if anyone has paid a lot of money for a beauty product and been disappointed?
When my husband asked me for a Christmas present idea last year I asked him for Clarins Double Beauty Serum. It’s a lot of money and not something I would normally buy because of the price.
I was really disappointed with it found it didn’t live up to the hype and my skin felt really dry, but because of the cost didn’t give up until the last drop was used ?
I was so pleased when I had finished it and could get back to my normal much less expensive face serum.

Aepgirl Thu 01-Oct-20 10:37:04

Anything that promises to banish wrinkles. Nothing works.

BStP Thu 01-Oct-20 16:38:32

Flygirl, Like you I live tropic products. My daughter introduced me to them earlier this year. I havecsensit8ve skin and made mistakes buying clarins in the past and tried many other products but the tropic ones seem to be the only ones not tp irrotaye my skin

BStP Thu 01-Oct-20 16:39:30

Sorry for typos in above message..list my reading glasses ....

Naninka Fri 02-Oct-20 06:05:33

I was given a huge box of Clarins beauty products as a leaving present by my so-called best friend who bought on behalf of the staff. I expect she kept some freebies for herself as she adored these products.
The issue? I'm anosmic, have skin problems and hate "labels".
I severed ties with this woman later over other things, but this sewed the seed.
How could someone know me so little?