Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Disappointing Expensive Beauty Product

(104 Posts)
Chewbacca Tue 29-Sep-20 16:16:37

A couple of Christmas' ago, I was bought a jar of Chanel Sublimage La Creme moisturiser (£200). What a disappointment. No better or worse than Aldi's. Although the jar looked good on the bathroom shelf.

tanith Tue 29-Sep-20 16:07:15

I was given a beauty advent calendar last Christmas full of expensive products none of them made a jot of difference to my skin that I would never of bought I used them all but went back to my Olay.

kittylester Tue 29-Sep-20 16:01:38

I bought a BB cream that was recommended on here. It was an awful lot of money and not as good as my cheapo one.

tinaf1 Tue 29-Sep-20 15:51:09

Re the other thread about a Clarins product: just wondered if anyone has paid a lot of money for a beauty product and been disappointed?
When my husband asked me for a Christmas present idea last year I asked him for Clarins Double Beauty Serum. It’s a lot of money and not something I would normally buy because of the price.
I was really disappointed with it found it didn’t live up to the hype and my skin felt really dry, but because of the cost didn’t give up until the last drop was used ?
I was so pleased when I had finished it and could get back to my normal much less expensive face serum.