Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Cosmetic surgery without involving a scalpel? ?

(11 Posts)
Shinamae Sat 03-Oct-20 11:30:46

A few weeks ago I decided to go to a clinic in Exeter to have some micro rolling done on my face, however they informed me that they don’t do that anymore that they now do something called Endymed which according to them is far superior to micro needling but then they’re bound to say that aren’t they. One treatment is £250 and if you have three they knock a percentage of 10% I think anyway I am still very much up in the air with my thinking on this so would welcome any comments opinions and experiences….

Ruby1963 Sat 03-Oct-20 14:18:47

Endymed is A brand name of radio frequency.£250 sounds very expensive to me as you need a course.
The most well known version is collagen wave,lots of celebs have it and that isn’t as much as that.I’m had a few of those as my daughter trained in it,and it worked well.
Lots of beauty salons will do radio frequency not all machines are as good but Carlton thermavisage and skin base do very good machines and courses would be much cheaper and probably as effective.

Shinamae Sat 03-Oct-20 20:37:23

Thank you Ruby,will have a look at other clinics....

phoenix Sat 03-Oct-20 20:42:38

What? confusedhmm

Esspee Sat 03-Oct-20 22:45:48

Come on phoenix just look it up like me. We need to keep up. ?

Shinamae Thu 10-Dec-20 21:43:17

Had the first of three procedures last Wednesday,face was very red for a few days given some very good gel to help with that, also they gave me some good quality factor 50 SPF for my face although I do wear a factor 50 all year round anyway. I must say I’m very pleased with the results so far although as it is mainly a collagen booster it will take a few months to see proper results.It was not painful,little uncomfortable maybe but I would sooner have that micro blading,now that I did not like ?

lemongrove Thu 10-Dec-20 22:19:02

I wouldn’t like any of it....a pot of Nivea does it for me.?
However plenty of women ( and men) do like to have work done on their faces, and good luck to them.Hope you will be pleased with your results.

blondenana Thu 10-Dec-20 23:24:30

Endymed has been around for years, i haven't had it, not even sure if anyone does it around here,, but tried some kind of radio frequency a few years ago,didn't think much of it, but they did say it builds collagen and is more noticeable a few months down the line,
So maybe it did work as my skin is very good for my age,hardly any wrinkles
I use now some RetinA withNivea soft on top as a moisturiser
Just wish i could get rid of the turkey neck grin

Shinamae Fri 11-Dec-20 10:47:41

Yes, the neck and the back of the hands can be a problem. On YouTube there are videos about micro needling these areas and I have got the equipment so might give that a go in time.......?

Soozikinzi Fri 11-Dec-20 10:52:34

I’ve had the hifu treatment which I liked if that’s the same ? Not had any for a while because of lockdown etc but I did think that smoothed the wrinkles !

Shinamae Fri 11-Dec-20 15:10:41

This is it.......