Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Facial redness due to Lupus.

(13 Posts)
Kalu Sat 31-Oct-20 00:36:08

It.....I can’t be purchased online!

Kalu Sat 31-Oct-20 00:35:03

Dermacol is a film/théâtre make up cover. It comes in many skin tones and will completely cover any skin blemishes.

Only a tiny amount needed so the tube lasts for a long time.

I can be purchased online.

Agnieszka Sat 31-Oct-20 00:23:20

Hello everyone
Thank you all, for taking the time to reply to my post.
I will try out most of the suggestions, and hope to look 'pale and interesting' very soon!!!!!
Best wishes to you all.
Agnieszka x

Callistemon Tue 27-Oct-20 11:31:55

I had a problem with rosacea for a while and found that Eucerin products were very good, in fact better than any of the well-known more expensive makes as they are especially manufactured for hyper-sensitive skin.

I hope this is not advertising:
www.eucerin.co.uk/products/hypersensitive-redness-prone-skin

jaylucy Tue 27-Oct-20 10:54:37

For a primer - the Laura Geller champagne spackle is brilliant and really tones down red. I found that if you are not careful, using a green primer or concealer can make you look quite grey with a foundation on top.
As for foundation - Laura Geller Balance and Brighten or Balance and Glow is a solid powder that you can build up where you need a bit extra coverage or Bare Minerals is also excellent. Both available from QVC ( they often have special offers where you can get a set of products for not much more than the price of one so you can try from the same range)

Teetime Tue 27-Oct-20 10:49:20

I have SLE too but my red flares have decreased with age. I found that sticking to one or two very good but mild products and an occasional facial help enormously. I use either Clarins or Liz Earle and on balance I think Liz Earle is best and a bit cheaper. Try to avoid spicy foods as well. Good Luck. [flowers}

Georgesgran Tue 27-Oct-20 10:47:08

Well tested!!

Georgesgran Tue 27-Oct-20 10:46:24

I’m a great fan of IT CC+ makeup. The CC+ means Colour Correcting Complete Coverage - so it acts as everything and doesn’t need a primer or moisturizer.
Honestly, one drop from the pump tube does the whole face, brush application is best.

Saw and bought it from QVC - so if it’s unsuitable it can be sent back, even if it’s been ‘we’ll tested’.

Think Boots and Debenhams sell it now, so it might be possibly to get a lesson on the way to apply it or look on YouTube. Sure (?) it was developed to cover skin defects and birth marks.

dragonfly46 Tue 27-Oct-20 08:27:09

If you want something light you could try Clinique CC tinted moisturiser. I find it evens out my red patches and is not heavy.

Marydoll Tue 27-Oct-20 08:23:44

What you need is a green primer under your foundation. Boots no.7 do one or Kiku have a palette with a thicker green creme which counteracts the redness. There are lots on the market. It definitely works!

I was once persuaded to have my make up done in a beauty store in Rome. The lady put the green creme on with a brush, then foundation, the results were amazing! I kept looking at myself in shop windows on the way home. It was a complete transformation, I didn't recognise myself!!!?

morethan2 Tue 27-Oct-20 08:10:18

I find Bare minerals is good for everyday, it covers my very red nose. It doesn’t sit in my creases or look flat. I agree with Fran above about doublewear I use it for special occasions.

Framilode Tue 27-Oct-20 04:52:16

I have terrible redness due to rosacea. I find Estee Lauder Doublewear the best. They do two levels of coverage and I use the ordinary one as a foundation and a tiny bit of the higher strength one on the worst patches.

I have tried various different green primers and they seem to make very little difference.

Agnieszka Tue 27-Oct-20 00:24:26

Hello everyone.
I have a condition called Lupus/Erythromelalgia which has really played havoc with my skin, in particular.
My facial skin is quite red now, in patches.
I was wondering if anyone can kindly recommend a product I can try, to reduce the redness even a little.
I would not be able to follow a complicated regime........I am thinking perhaps an Anti-redness Primer.......but which one?
I am not too troubled by the change in my skin on an every day basis......but would be keen to look a little less flushed, when out with friends/family for coffee etc.
I will appreciate every response.
Kind regards to you all
Thank you.
Agnieszka x