Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Trousers /leggings

(46 Posts)
Bicycle1 Fri 05-Mar-21 09:09:23

Hello all , where do you lovely ladies buy casual trousers /leggings online to suit age 60 plussmile

Sheilasue Mon 08-Mar-21 16:24:25

Love my M&S leggings, fitted great, pull in your tum and lift up your bottom. My boyfriends jeans from them are great too and wash up great.

chelseababy Mon 08-Mar-21 18:09:18

I bought some Tu skinny (?) trousers. I couldnt even get them on the ankle was so narrow. They will be going back.

Sunlover Mon 08-Mar-21 18:53:47

Try Googling magic trousers. I have various pairs bought from a shop. They are so comfortable. Best leggings/ trousers ever.

Amberone Mon 08-Mar-21 20:07:25

Gagajo make sure you try a few different ones grin I wear size 16 M&S (long) but I am nearer a size 14. The size 16 are loose enough on me to be comfortable but just tight enough to hug a little bit.

Soon it will be warm enough to get out the slightly thinner coral, and fuschia and gold ones sunshine

Bicycle1 Tue 09-Mar-21 14:43:08

Thank you all again

Elusivebutterfly Tue 09-Mar-21 15:25:30

I have recently discovered that M&S thermal leggings fit better and are a better, softer material than their standard ones. For casual trousers, you can often find reasonable ones in Sainsburys Tu.

Kestrel Fri 07-May-21 20:29:06

Asda leggings- the waistbands are narrow so don't dig in my chubby tum too much - need a size (or 2) bigger than the normal size I wear tho. They also do a 2 pack of cropped leggings - one navy and one white for summer as well

Clio51 Tue 11-May-21 22:08:23

Sainsbury’s Tu, luxury modal legging £10 black think they may do grey as well
Not see thru, stay in shape not twisted seams
Online you can also get petite, but not in store
I think there better than Next, M&S

Mancjules Wed 12-May-21 22:44:04

I love Robell jeans...fab fit and so well made. smile

Bixiboo Wed 12-May-21 22:50:19

Another Robell fan Mancjules. Recently bought 2 pairs of their Rose 09 jeans, great fit and lovely quality fabric.

Lin52 Thu 13-May-21 07:43:42

I use M&S, or JD Williams, all have been good fits.

Yiayia4 Thu 13-May-21 07:56:44

Next always for leggings.

Jaxjacky Thu 13-May-21 08:33:14

M&S Sophia jeans for me in long, I’ve just ordered two more pairs as they keep going out of stock and I don’t want them to disappear.

Alexa Thu 13-May-21 08:34:09

I wear leggings under skirts and trousers and save on the heating bills.

Largolass Thu 13-May-21 08:43:27

I love Robell jeans excellent fit and so many lovely colours.

Largolass Thu 13-May-21 08:46:28

I'm another Robell follower and have many pairs in various colours, excellent fit and great material.

PinkCosmos Thu 13-May-21 10:19:41

I used to buy M&S cropped jersey trousers. They weren't jeggings or leggings as they didn't cling but also were not baggy. They were pull on and came in black or navy and were about £10

To my dismay, they don't seem to do them anymore. I liked as they were mainly cotton with a bit of stretch and didn't cling to much to my fattish thighs. The fabric was quite thick and not see through

Everything nowadays seems to be clingy lycra which isn't that flattering on me and I find hot.

I have various crop trousers online but I can't seen to find anything similar. It is either clingy lycra, baggy cotton or see through thin cotton.

If anyone has any suggestions where I can buy something similar to my original M&S crop trousers, I would be very grateful. Thanks

Puzzler61 Thu 13-May-21 10:25:07

Next “petite” jeans and jersey trousers (like joggers but lightweight and smarter).
Fits my short legs well.

Emily49 Thu 13-May-21 10:28:12

You could look at Cotton Trader, PinkCosmos, but pricier than M and S

JaneJudge Thu 13-May-21 10:32:54

I find you can't beat sainsbury's on quality v price

I had to laugh though, I bought some leopard print legging from there and I was wearing them with a sweater from seasalt. My Mum was here (hate leopard print) and kept giving me really funny looks and then she said 'are you going to get dressed any time today? or do you always sit around in your pyjamas?' shock grin